News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Air Conditioning Died

Started by Kylyssa, July 06, 2010, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylyssa

It's currently 93 degrees and my air conditioner died.  My partner called the complex this morning and they assured him someone would be out to fix it soon.  The maintenance guys usually don't work past five and it's 5:33 now.  Bloody hell!

I wouldn't be so pissy about this but I have a brain tumor that apparently makes temperature regulation difficult for me and a saltwater fish tank that isn't happy with high temperatures.  I'm plopping ice in the fish tank as soon as the next batch firms up.

Tank

Don't you just love the gulf stream! Well I do  lol
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

Quote from: "Kylyssa"It's currently 93 degrees and my air conditioner died.  My partner called the complex this morning and they assured him someone would be out to fix it soon.  The maintenance guys usually don't work past five and it's 5:33 now.  Bloody hell!

I wouldn't be so pissy about this but I have a brain tumor that apparently makes temperature regulation difficult for me and a saltwater fish tank that isn't happy with high temperatures.  I'm plopping ice in the fish tank as soon as the next batch firms up.

Call the office again and let them know that their not fixing the a/c in a timely manner (aka same day) is a risk to your health (which in most states is a violation of your lease agreement).

Ours broke about a month ago and it took them 5 days to get around to fixing it....by the day they came out I was starting to show signs of heat exhaustion; needless to say I was very pissed off on top of that.  With your health they should put you up in a hotel if they can't maintain their part of the maintenance agreement.

Kylyssa

Finally, they just came to fix the air conditioner.  They have removed the unit and taken it outside.  That was fun, I bet.  I live on the third floor and the unit is huge.  I hope they get the cottonwood fuzz flushed out soon and get the unit back in place.  But the good news is that it's only 90 degrees today.  

My poor 21 year old cat is melted even though I have a fan blowing across a pan of ice right next to him in the room I have him in.

philosoraptor

I think your A/C dying in this weather is proof that there is no God.  Glad you got it fixed!
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse