News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Another newbie....

Started by KDbeads, May 15, 2010, 09:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDbeads

I'm just trying to find my way I guess.  I'm in an area that is a few notches up on the "Belt" and probably only one of 2 of us 'evil people' (trust me, being sarcastic) in the county (the other being married to me).

Tired of having no one to speak to where I don't have to guard every word that comes out of my mouth for fear of what could be done to us out here.  Tired of being the outcast.  The thread killer.  The conversation cold spot.

That said, I'm an out of work engineer, yep, one of them educated to stupidity people  :pop:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

elliebean

Hello and welcome, KDbeads!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

KDbeads

Hi  :)

Ooooh, a Texan!  Awesome....
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

elliebean

There are several Texans on this forum, including Whitney, the woman in charge.  :P
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

KDbeads

Ceramic Engineer, Clemson University
But.....
I went into specialty packaging once I got out and now have 4 US patents and I think there are 2 international, at least last time I checked.

I'm unemployed by doctors orders though, my last stint as a project manager for a local surveying company here that merged/changed names/changed hands every 6 months didn't go so well, too much stress apparently.  So I'm making money the hard way, we breed silkies and regular chickens for sell and dinner, I ranch sit, house sit, and am a needle for hire.  Also sell jewelry when I can.

Thing is we wanted to move away from the city/urban sprawl, I grew up on a farm and Atlanta and Chicago cured me of city life forever.....  We just didn't anticipate this much racism, hatred, and otherwise intolerance when we bought the place out here in central TX.  I'm from Pensacola FL originally, been here for 4 years now.  LOVE the area... not so much the people.

Oooh........ the sirens are going off, time to shut down!  Love the crazy weather we are having, reminds me of hurricane season!  Glad to know I ain't alone out here in the Republic of Texas  ;)

Cecilie

Hello and welcome to HAF! :)
The world's what you create.

Whitney

Quote from: "KDbeads"Hi  ;)

I'm also looking for work....been doing stuff here and there for the past year but nothing substantial.  

If you haven't already check out etsy and artfire (there are a lot of others like them too but these seem to be the best known); you can sell handmade stuff online through them and both are affordable (artfire has free options if you really need to budget) ways to break into selling art and crafts online.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

KDbeads

Yep, on Etsy, usually sell my basset snoods on there, not so much the jewelry though.  Going to try embroidery on there next to see how that sells.  Also have a ton of supplies that I'm going through now are going to be liquidated hopefully this next month.

Haven't heard of artfire, thanks for the heads up!

What I'd really like to do requires more shop tools than I own or have space for right now, I'd love to have a table saw, drill press, scroll saw, lathe,  :hail:

philosoraptor

Welcome to HAF.  Here's hoping you enjoy your stay.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Tank

Welcome from across the pond in Blighty!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.