Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 16, 2019, 06:07:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 16, 2019, 05:47:37 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 16, 2019, 01:09:06 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 16, 2019, 12:32:00 AM
So, who else watched the first episode, 'Winterfell'? :popcorn:
Nope. I think I'm still the only human being who has never watched Game of Thrones.
:run!:

So you haven't read The Song of Ice and Fire by our Lord and Saviour George RR Martin?  :dominidomini:
No.  :(
Maybe I should. :notsure:

:grin: If you do, just don't hold onto any expectations for the characters, especially in the beginning. ::) 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

My favorite bit of dialog from Sunday night:

"Watch out, it has blue eyes."
"I've always had blue eyes."

Not too much to this episode but catch up, still was very glad to see Gendry again.  Not sure about Jaime's reaction to seeing Bran --  did he really not know Bran was still alive?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 17, 2019, 05:44:54 AM
My favorite bit of dialog from Sunday night:

"Watch out, it has blue eyes."
"I've always had blue eyes."

Not too much to this episode but catch up, still was very glad to see Gendry again.  Not sure about Jaime's reaction to seeing Bran --  did he really not know Bran was still alive?

I thought this episode was a little slow, and even the part I was waiting for since last Season -- the part where Jon learns of his parentage -- was a little...meh. ::)

As for Jaime, maybe he knew but didn't think it'll be such a big deal? Jaime's future uncertain is. :notsure:

Sandra Craft

Well, this Sunday should be very lively, given that the Army of the Dead were only hours away from Winterfell.  Personally, I'm just waiting to see Jaime kill Cersai, and maybe Theon kill Euron -- that'll be enough for me.  I've given up on the idea of a Brianne/Tormund romance.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 20, 2019, 03:34:41 AM
Well, this Sunday should be very lively, given that the Army of the Dead were only hours away from Winterfell.  Personally, I'm just waiting to see Jaime kill Cersai, and maybe Theon kill Euron -- that'll be enough for me.  I've given up on the idea of a Brianne/Tormund romance.

Yes. :smilenod: I also believe it's going to be Jaime and not Tyrion to kill Cersei, but I'm hoping it'll be Yara who will off that mad dog Euron. Theon will be busy in Winterfell redeeming himself, I think.

As for Brianne and Tormund, there are still several episodes to go, maybe there will be a spark somewhere, somehow.  ;D

Bad Penny II

What's the special weapon Arya has commissioned?
What's going to happen when the hot dragons meet the cold one?
Shouldn't everyone just have moved to warmer climes for a while?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx link=topic=10074.msg386704#msg386704

Yes. :smilenod: I also believe it's going to be Jaime and not Tyrion to kill Cersei, but I'm hoping it'll be Yara who will off that mad dog Euron. Theon will be busy in Winterfell redeeming himself, I think.

Jaime killing Cersei is just too poetic to pass up.  Maybe it'll be a murder/suicide.  Not only poetic but appropriate.

As for Yara, I'd like for her to be the one to kill Euron but she seems to be on her way out to sea to lick her wounds whereas Euron and the Golden Company will be heading into the fight (tho who knows on what side?) so I think it's more likely Theon who'll be meeting his uncle in battle.

QuoteAs for Brianne and Tormund, there are still several episodes to go, maybe there will be a spark somewhere, somehow.  ;D

We can dream.  I think Brienne would probably prefer Jaime as her first and only fling, but I also think he'll die the way he lived -- with his sister as his only sex partner.

Having watched the episode again, three more things occurred to me:

1.  When Cersei sends Bronn off to kill her traitorous brother, which one did she mean?  I know she's always wanted Tyrion dead, but Jaime's turned his back on her now and she's unlikely to take that well. 

2.  I know it was very obvious, but I did not realize at first that was little Lord Umber tacked up to the wall.  So I guess the dead now have the wagons and horses he was taking back to his people, and there'll be no Umbers at the big fight.  Unless that clan starts all over with a new leader from another branch of the family. 

3.  If the fire dragons are being made unwell by the Northern climate, they aren't going to be much use either when the ice dragon turns up.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 20, 2019, 03:37:37 PM
What's the special weapon Arya has commissioned?
I thought it was a sword, to be made of Valarian steel.  Swords seem to be her weapon of choice.

QuoteWhat's going to happen when the hot dragons meet the cold one?
Nothing good for the human side is what I'm thinking.

QuoteShouldn't everyone just have moved to warmer climes for a while?
Or to wetter ones, since the Dead don't seem to be able to do anything more than walk along the bottom of lakes and oceans.  But I wonder if there will be any warmer climes once winter settles in -- will the entire planet be under snow?  And are there places other than Westeros and Essos?

In any case, most of the people in the Seven Kingdoms don't seem particularly smart.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 20, 2019, 06:21:07 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx link=topic=10074.msg386704#msg386704

Jaime killing Cersei is just too poetic to pass up.  Maybe it'll be a murder/suicide.  Not only poetic but appropriate.

As for Yara, I'd like for her to be the one to kill Euron but she seems to be on her way out to sea to lick her wounds whereas Euron and the Golden Company will be heading into the fight (tho who knows on what side?) so I think it's more likely Theon who'll be meeting his uncle in battle.

QuoteAs for Brianne and Tormund, there are still several episodes to go, maybe there will be a spark somewhere, somehow.  ;D

We can dream.  I think Brienne would probably prefer Jaime as her first and only fling, but I also think he'll die the way he lived -- with his sister as his only sex partner.

Yes, according to the witch's prophecy, back in Season I-don't-remember, Cersei's younger brother will be the one to kill her, but the witch didn't mention to her exactly which younger brother it'll be. Cersei and Jaime are twins, but Cersei was the first to be born. As for Tyrion, I get the feeling the whole show tried to lead us to believe that her younger dwarf brother will be the one to kill her since they absolutely hate each other, but I think that anything that if something seems predictable in this show it won't happen.   

QuoteHaving watched the episode again, three more things occurred to me:

1.  When Cersei sends Bronn off to kill her traitorous brother, which one did she mean?  I know she's always wanted Tyrion dead, but Jaime's turned his back on her now and she's unlikely to take that well. 

I understood it to mean both her brothers? :notsure: If I remember correctly, she said that both Jaime and Tyrion wronged Bronn.

Quote2.  I know it was very obvious, but I did not realize at first that was little Lord Umber tacked up to the wall.  So I guess the dead now have the wagons and horses he was taking back to his people, and there'll be no Umbers at the big fight.  Unless that clan starts all over with a new leader from another branch of the family.

Quote3.  If the fire dragons are being made unwell by the Northern climate, they aren't going to be much use either when the ice dragon turns up.

Yeah, things should get interesting.

Sandra Craft

Well, that was just more calm before the storm.  Still I suppose we'll need it since there's bound to be about 4 episodes worth of relentless carnage.

I was wrong about Arya's weapon, tho glad to see she did get in on the dragon glass -- much more useful than valarian steel with the wights.  Or whatever they are.

Not sure how I feel about her and Gendry.  She's clearly not a little girl anymore, but it's still creepy to me.

Even tho they're all going to be dead soon, it was very sweet of Jaime to knight Brienne.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Trying hard not to succumb and read your post, Sandy! I haven't caught up yet. :sad sigh:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 23, 2019, 08:47:33 PM
Trying hard not to succumb and read your post, Sandy! I haven't caught up yet. :sad sigh:

Eh, still no real action yet.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

:sad sigh: They've been stretching it out for 7 seasons, what's one more episode?  ;D

Sandra Craft

Holy Fucking Shit -- I can't believe the final season is really about fighting damn Cersei. 

And because I couldn't keep the list of the dead and living straight: Who died and who survived the Battle of Winterfell

I notice Tormund isn't on either list, and now I'm going to be worrying about him until next week.

[edit: just re-read the list and Tormund did survive, along with Pod and Ghost.  Whew.]
Sandy

Bluenose

Yay!  The onion knight survived the battle of Winterfell!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett