News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Bad Films

Started by Tank, August 29, 2018, 08:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on September 02, 2018, 03:35:18 PM
I currently have in my possession The Best Worst Movie Ever Made. Not the documentary about the film, but the abomination known as Troll 2 itself. It is fantastic in its ridiculousness. There are zero trolls in the film. The film is not a sequel. The title was an attempt to trick people into thinking it was the sequel to the somewhat popular Troll which was completely unrelated in any way.

If you like movies that are so bad that they are fun to watch give it a try and then read the back story. It's frigging hilarious. Written and produced by an Italian crew armed with nothing more than an Italian-English dictionary for translation and filmed in Utah. One of the "actors" was an escaped mental patient.

Sounds great! :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Some movies can be bad on purpose and end up being funny.  "Caveman" with Ringo Starr and Dennis Quaid is juvenile and looks like a bunch of guys from a college fraternity said "hey, let's make a movie this afternoon".  But it ends up being entertaining.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 02, 2018, 08:11:35 PM
Some movies can be bad on purpose and end up being funny.  "Caveman" with Ringo Starr and Dennis Quaid is juvenile and looks like a bunch of guys from a college fraternity said "hey, let's make a movie this afternoon".  But it ends up being entertaining.

From my experience 99% of college fraternity based films earn a place in the "Terrible Movies Hall of Fame - Gross Behaviour Category". (Or are they of documentary level?)

Whereas, of course, the British "The Young Ones" TV series was an example of excellent humour . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Agreed Ecurb. Caveman was actually brilliant. As was the original Airplane. Movies that are designed to be dumb, can be intelligently written.

Bluenose

Then of course are the movies that you are sure a going to be absolutely terrible and turn out to be quite excellent.  for me, Shaun of the Dead was in this category.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

The Darkest Minds.

As far as teen movies go, this was definitely one of the worst. Highly derivative (X-men, anyone?), boring enough to keep you thinking 'OMG is this movie ever going to end?!' and a waste of your time and money.

If you haven't already subjected yourself to this dystopian crap, steer clear. 

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on September 03, 2018, 06:43:18 AM
Then of course are the movies that you are sure a going to be absolutely terrible and turn out to be quite excellent.  for me, Shaun of the Dead was in this category.

Quite right. Admittedly I watched Shean of the Dead with very low expectations so it came out well. But because of that I thought Hot Fuzz would be good and it turned out mediocre at best so ended up in the bad film bin. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 29, 2018, 01:19:15 AM
The Darkest Minds.

As far as teen movies go, this was definitely one of the worst. Highly derivative (X-men, anyone?), boring enough to keep you thinking 'OMG is this movie ever going to end?!' and a waste of your time and money.

If you haven't already subjected yourself to this dystopian crap, steer clear.

Noted.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

I love a really good bad movie.

And MST3K versions of them.

But *not* Birdemic!

xSilverPhinx

The new Robin Hood movie definitely belongs in this thread. It wasn't even in the "so bad it's good" category. I feel cheated and want my two hours back!

xSilverPhinx

Bumblebee. Why did I even agree to watch that movie? ::)

jumbojak

Was that animated or live action?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Michadoh

There was I film that I watched when I was a kid. If I'm remembering correctly the title is "twin-headed shark"

At first, it was interesting but as you watch the film you will be bored and find it funny.