News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Why Are There Gay Men?

Started by AnimatedDirt, June 12, 2012, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: En_Route on June 22, 2012, 12:10:44 AM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on June 21, 2012, 11:27:52 PM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 12, 2012, 09:44:22 PM
Why Are There Gay Men?

QuoteTurns out, the moms and aunts of gay men have an advantage over the moms and aunts of straight men for several reasons: They are more fertile, displaying fewer gynecological disorders or complications during pregnancy; they are more extroverted, as well as funnier, happier and more relaxed; and they have fewer family problems and social anxieties. "In other words, compared to the others, [they are] perfect for a male," Camperio Ciani said. Attracting and choosing from the best males enables these women to produce more offspring, he noted.

The new study will appear in an upcoming issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

Interesting to say the least.

I am still under the impression that being gay is genetic.  And that we all have the gene. Were not the guys from South park right when they said that everyone is a little gay?  The most homophobic men most often are also the ones in the closet anyway. All that pent up frustration.

The Mayans predicted that everyone would be gay by 2050, so you could be right. Then again, they also predicted that Richard Dawkins would be elected pope the following year.

I'm sick of those damned Mayans. XP
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

En_Route

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 22, 2012, 05:59:58 AM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on June 21, 2012, 11:27:52 PM
Why Are There Gay Men?

QuoteTurns out, the moms and aunts of gay men have an advantage over the moms and aunts of straight men for several reasons: They are more fertile, displaying fewer gynecological disorders or complications during pregnancy; they are more extroverted, as well as funnier, happier and more relaxed; and they have fewer family problems and social anxieties. "In other words, compared to the others, [they are] perfect for a male," Camperio Ciani said. Attracting and choosing from the best males enables these women to produce more offspring, he noted.

The new study will appear in an upcoming issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

Interesting to say the least.

I am still under the impression that being gay is genetic.  And that we all have the gene. Were not the guys from South park right when they said that everyone is a little gay?  The most homophobic men most often are also the ones in the closet anyway. All that pent up frustration.

The Mayans predicted that everyone would be gay by 2050, so you could be right. Then again, they also predicted that Richard Dawkins would be elected pope the following year.

I'm sick of those damned Mayans. XP

Now , that they didn't foresee.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Lmao no I'm pretty sure they didn't know that we would be sick of hearing about them when they aren't even around anymore.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

fester30

I noticed that they made a point to note the delay in the surgery due to socialized medicine. 

xSilverPhinx

Then again, they also predicted that Richard Dawkins would be elected pope the following year.

??? That can't be right...the world ending in 2012, perhaps. But Dawkins, Pope?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

En_Route

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 26, 2012, 01:26:55 AM
Then again, they also predicted that Richard Dawkins would be elected pope the following year.

Yes. And that bras would be made illegal  due to their carbon footprint. That may have been wishful thinking though.

Crow

Why Are There Gay Men?

Because some men find other men attractive and therefore we label them gay. Solved that conundrum.
Retired member.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: En_Route on June 26, 2012, 01:31:46 AM

Yes. And that bras would be made illegal  due to their carbon footprint. That may have been wishful thinking though.

This is why my undergarments are made of seaweed.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 26, 2012, 01:40:59 AM
Quote from: En_Route on June 26, 2012, 01:31:46 AM

This is why my undergarments are made of seaweed.

Edible, I trust.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on June 26, 2012, 01:40:22 AM
Why Are There Gay Men?

Because some men find other men attractive and therefore we label them gay. Solved that conundrum.

<3 <3 so much love.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 26, 2012, 06:12:21 AM
Why Are There Gay Men?

<3 <3 so much love.
Read in some book (I think it was some university psychology textbook, but I may be wrong) that it is theorized that the vast majority of people are attracted to both sexes. Behaviour that goes one way or the other is a matter of degree of such attraction, social expectations and upbringing.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on June 26, 2012, 11:16:51 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 26, 2012, 06:12:21 AM
Why Are There Gay Men?

<3 <3 so much love.
Read in some book (I think it was some university psychology textbook, but I may be wrong) that it is theorized that the vast majority of people are attracted to both sexes. Behaviour that goes one way or the other is a matter of degree of such attraction, social expectations and upbringing.

Yes, I believe this.  I tend to agree with the theory that sexuality falls along a spectrum.  I think most people fall somewhere along the spectrum other than the extreme ends (those extreme ends being either "completely exclusively 100% straight" and "completely exclusively 100% gay.") I also think it's interesting that women's sexuality is typically considered more fluid than men's.  I have to wonder if that is "natural" (as in there is something in the wiring of women that allows us to be more fluid) or if that is more a result of societal pressures on men.

Crow

Quote from: Ali on June 26, 2012, 02:57:03 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on June 26, 2012, 11:16:51 AM

Yes, I believe this.  I tend to agree with the theory that sexuality falls along a spectrum.  I think most people fall somewhere along the spectrum other than the extreme ends (those extreme ends being either "completely exclusively 100% straight" and "completely exclusively 100% gay.") I also think it's interesting that women's sexuality is typically considered more fluid than men's.  I have to wonder if that is "natural" (as in there is something in the wiring of women that allows us to be more fluid) or if that is more a result of societal pressures on men.

I would also agree with what the asmo said.

I think there is still a strong social pressure on men to behave and act a certain way, I would say much less so for women though there are certainly still certain pressures and this comes from the backgrounds, class, and influences that surround people. For some reason homosexuality is less frowned upon when it's women then when it's men, perhaps this is because many guys find women getting it on with each other attractive, I dunno.
Retired member.

Ali

Quote from: Crow on June 26, 2012, 03:56:23 PM

I think there is still a strong social pressure on men to behave and act a certain way, I would say much less so for women though there are certainly still certain pressures and this comes from the backgrounds, class, and influences that surround people. For some reason homosexuality is less frowned upon when it's women then when it's men, perhaps this is because many guys find women getting it on with each other attractive, I dunno.

That's what I've always suspected, like most guys are saying, "Okay, sure, maybe it's a sin or whatever, but I don't mind so much because it's hot."

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on June 26, 2012, 04:10:14 PM
Quote from: Crow on June 26, 2012, 03:56:23 PM

That's what I've always suspected, like most guys are saying, "Okay, sure, maybe it's a sin or whatever, but I don't mind so much because it's hot."
\\\

so then lesbians are stereotyped and not taken seriously  at all, which is really annoying. :(