News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

atheist is the devil

Started by quizlixx, July 02, 2008, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

no_god_know_peace

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 16, 2011, 12:00:20 AM
Quote from: no_god_know_peace on November 14, 2011, 02:40:53 PM
This sort of reminds me of this one girl I know, she is very religious and quite nice for the most part but I always have to walk on eggshells with her. I am not allowed to curse (and by curse I mean words like "hell" "damn" "oh my god" "holy crap"...curse words that arn't really curse words) in her presence. Its a pain in the ass cuz I say these out of habit so its not like I can switch off that easily. I never understood how using "hell" and "damn" in a sentance affects her belief or relationship with this god fellow and it sometimes makes me wonder if she is really is the strong christian she claims to be ...

You know, in my home for the most part, anyone can put their feet up on the coffee table in the living room.  It's not a huge deal to me.  However I have a friend that doesn't like anyone putting their feet up on his coffee table.  I sometimes forget and do so unknowingly for a few moments.  The reason I take my foot off the table however is not to appease a stupid idea that somehow I'm hurting an inanimate piece of wood, but rather the respect I have for what my friend wants.  It's certainly not that he cannot afford a new coffee table or even have the damage repaired should I damage it.
I understand that and all but I rarley get the same respect in return from theists. It just gets frusterating when I am always the one to take the high road and censor myself. If I ever respectfully challenge it or casually drop a "damn" bomb in a sentance it's like the end of the world. it's annoying. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: no_god_know_peace on November 19, 2011, 02:20:21 AM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 16, 2011, 12:00:20 AM
Quote from: no_god_know_peace on November 14, 2011, 02:40:53 PM
This sort of reminds me of this one girl I know, she is very religious and quite nice for the most part but I always have to walk on eggshells with her. I am not allowed to curse (and by curse I mean words like "hell" "damn" "oh my god" "holy crap"...curse words that arn't really curse words) in her presence. Its a pain in the ass cuz I say these out of habit so its not like I can switch off that easily. I never understood how using "hell" and "damn" in a sentance affects her belief or relationship with this god fellow and it sometimes makes me wonder if she is really is the strong christian she claims to be ...

You know, in my home for the most part, anyone can put their feet up on the coffee table in the living room.  It's not a huge deal to me.  However I have a friend that doesn't like anyone putting their feet up on his coffee table.  I sometimes forget and do so unknowingly for a few moments.  The reason I take my foot off the table however is not to appease a stupid idea that somehow I'm hurting an inanimate piece of wood, but rather the respect I have for what my friend wants.  It's certainly not that he cannot afford a new coffee table or even have the damage repaired should I damage it.
I understand that and all but I rarley get the same respect in return from theists. It just gets frusterating when I am always the one to take the high road and censor myself. If I ever respectfully challenge it or casually drop a "damn" bomb in a sentance it's like the end of the world. it's annoying. 

True. You never know what they're going to take offense over. ::) Sometimes something as silly as a religious joke will really piss people off. Or in others, drawing of a prophet will get you a death sentence. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

not your typical...

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 19, 2011, 02:53:29 AM
True. You never know what they're going to take offense over. ::) Sometimes something as silly as a religious joke will really piss people off. Or in others, drawing of a prophet will get you a death sentence. 
Damn. Why so sensitive?
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.