News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

illegal drone use.

Started by Old Seer, May 08, 2018, 02:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Old Seer on May 11, 2018, 10:01:06 PM
A drone can carry the weapon for you and you can be a half mile away. With nothing to ID who's, where's and whats, you can get away with it.
I'm sure that like any other crime, you can get away with things so long as you don't present an easy target or escalate the crimes, but also like other crimes, if you do, you will not get away with it for long. Unless they are white collar crimes of course.

Let's take a for instance, like transporting guns over the southern border from the US from to Mexico. A group might be lucky enough to get away with it a few times, but drones are not invisible, especially not the ones big enough to carry even just a hand gun. They produce heat, they use infrared to see, both are things that can be seen by equipment that the US border patrol has. They would be able to see where the drones came from and went to with just a little bit of watching. They would be better off using the tunnel/carry/vehicle methods they are currently using than to try using drones because the drones would be easier to thwart.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Well, now we have the first reported attrmpt of assasination using a dtine:

QuoteVenezuela president Nicolas Maduro survives attack from 'drone like devices' armed with explosives

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/venezuela-president-nicolas-maduro-drone-attack-speech-caracas-a8477811.html

Oh, dear, had to happen but . . .

https://youtu.be/NdSnWnCiAo0
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

It is looking like this may be a distraction hoax.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on August 07, 2018, 03:04:34 PM
It is looking like this may be a distraction hoax.

Yeah, I heard that later. Any professional would have done their best to prevent the drone being spotted or heard. One shot of a soldier looked like he was watching or listening for a command, not looking up, seeming a bit "anticipatory".

It seems consistent with Maduro's demonstrated value set as reported so far, anything to divert attention and blame from him. One of a set with Mugabe, Erdoğan et al.

Later: Oh, and Trump.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74