News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

"Britain destroyed records of colonial crimes"

Started by ThinkAnarchy, April 19, 2012, 07:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkAnarchy

Is it odd I take great pleasure when G.B. show's itself to be as uncaring and corrupt as my home country?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/18/britain-destroyed-records-colonial-crimes

QuoteThe historian appointed to oversee the review and transfer, Tony Badger, master of Clare College, Cambridge, says the discovery of the archive put the Foreign Office in an "embarrassing, scandalous" position. "These documents should have been in the public archives in the 1980s," he said. "It's long overdue." The first of them are made available to the public on Wednesday at the National Archive at Kew, Surrey.

It's not really surprising that the nation responsible for the Opium Wars committed other atrocities. No offense meant my British friends, but I like reminding you, both our countries are and have been run by criminals.  :)

That last part is simply a logical guess, I have been mostly ignoring current European politics.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Tank

Politicians are often self-serving egotistical power-hungry bastards, nothing to see here move along please  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.