News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Who are you voting for? (for Americans)

Started by Ransom, November 24, 2011, 12:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2012, 08:58:41 AM
He inherited two ongoing wars and the worst recession in 70(?) years and the biggest national debt in the world. Not an easy starting point.

This is such an important point but would he have got into office if his campaign had been gloom with the promise of everything being sorted in the future?
Retired member.

Wessik

Hmm...I suppose not. At the same time, I imagine the president's intentions to be sincere. Much can be said for his being fairly new to the job. It could easily be argued that, given his relative inexperience, the president is just getting warmed up. :)
I have my own blog! redkarp.blogspot.com!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Wessik on January 16, 2012, 10:56:54 PM
Hmm...I suppose not. At the same time, I imagine the president's intentions to be sincere. Much can be said for his being fairly new to the job. It could easily be argued that, given his relative inexperience, the president is just getting warmed up. :)

I certainly hope so.  I voted for Obama the first time, despite my misgivings about his lack of experience and his poor Congressional voting record, partly because McCain was packaging himself as Bush 2.0 but mostly because the idea of Palin being one breath away from the Presidency terrified me.  I'd love to vote for someone this time rather than against the opposition.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 17, 2012, 12:44:51 AM
I certainly hope so.  I voted for Obama the first time, despite my misgivings about his lack of experience and his poor Congressional voting record, partly because McCain was packaging himself as Bush 2.0 but mostly because the idea of Palin being one breath away from the Presidency terrified me.  I'd love to vote for someone this time rather than against the opposition.

Yeah he probably would have gotten in whatever his campaign. People outside the States like Obama and therefore has helped with the foreign perspective on America just for being in office which was truly needed after the two terms of Bush. The republicans do not seem to be doing themselves any favors since Palin getting some light, the party has began to look like a circus act of uneducated, inbred, religious zealots. I was shocked watching Paxman on Newsnight annihilate one of the hopeful republican candidates (cant remember his name but wasn't particularly popular) with ease, it was embarrassing and he seemed like one of the more rounded individuals.
Retired member.

Wessik

I have my own blog! redkarp.blogspot.com!