News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Stay the hell out of your boat on Friday BP.

xSilverPhinx

I'm back home and all caught up on lost sleep. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I got squished at class tonight. It was awesome.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on June 11, 2019, 02:42:46 AM
I got squished at class tonight. It was awesome.

;D

Squished, you say?

Please elaborate. :tellmemore:

jumbojak

Big, strong, young fellow. I couldn't get him off of me and could barely stay on top of him. He even managed to escape once, but it took him a full minute. Like I said, squished!

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on June 11, 2019, 04:12:28 AM
Big, strong, young fellow. I couldn't get him off of me and could barely stay on top of him. He even managed to escape once, but it took him a full minute. Like I said, squished!

Sounds like...fun.  ;D

hermes2015

Some people have all the luck.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 11, 2019, 01:45:10 PM

Sounds like...fun.  ;D

It was but I got mat rash from all the crawling and sliding. As I'm sure Hermes will tell you, dudes are slippery when we're sweaty...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on June 11, 2019, 02:41:22 PM

Sounds like...fun.  ;D

It was but I got mat rash from all the crawling and sliding. As I'm sure Hermes will tell you, dudes are slippery when we're sweaty...

Sounds like a natural defence mechanism! :P

hermes2015

Sounds like...fun.  ;D

:smilenod:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 11, 2019, 02:46:23 PM

Sounds like...fun.  ;D

Sounds like a natural defence mechanism! :P

Indeed it is. I think that's why traditional Jiu-Jitsu players wear the gi. You can still get grips on collars and sleeves. It's a different ball of wax without.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 11, 2019, 02:35:54 PM

:rofl: I was waiting for your comment!!! :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on June 11, 2019, 04:26:18 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 11, 2019, 02:35:54 PM

:rofl: I was waiting for your comment!!! :rofl:
You guys are funny.  :snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

Sorry I've been gone for a while.
But I thought I'd pop in and have a look.

The reason I've been gone for the most part is that a couple of months ago i ran into this lovely little thing of the female persuasion, and we've been running into each other...enthusiastically ever since.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

jumbojak

Cool. Still in the Arctic Circle?