News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Armed "Militia", Bundy Brothers, Take Over Federal Building in Rural Oregon

Started by Pasta Chick, January 03, 2016, 05:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

The FBI released a picture of the elaborate trap used to capture most of the Bundy Bros. and their 2nd Amendment, wacko friends...

Apparently they prefer Canadian beer. Who knew? (I would have guessed Coors, Budweiser, maybe Schlitz)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Apparently one of the figureheads of this farce tried to bargain with the government not long after they were taken into custody. "I'm not guilty, but I'll plead guilty if you let everybody else go!"

Even ignoring the absurdity of this, I think that given the way that many of the armed clowns associated with the earlier showdown in Nevada were rounded up in the aftermath of the Malheur occupation, it seems very likely that the government had formulated a plan by the time the occupation came to an end.

"Oregon Standoff Latest: Ammon Bundy Says Offer to Plead Guilty Was Rejected" | Portland Patch
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Pasta Chick

Davin

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 29, 2016, 10:49:48 PM
Hahaha wtf? That is not how plea deals work...
I think they consider themselves Sovereign Citizens, which a lot like them trying to pretend to be a citizen of the US while not being subject to any of the laws. It's very crazy stuff if you're not aware of it, the rabbit hole isn't that deep but it's plenty crazy.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on May 02, 2016, 05:01:39 PM
I think they consider themselves Sovereign Citizens, which a lot like them trying to pretend to be a citizen of the US while not being subject to any of the laws. It's very crazy stuff if you're not aware of it, the rabbit hole isn't that deep but it's plenty crazy.

I sat on a jury duty where the defendant in the case was trying to use a defense of "Sovereign Citizen", it was very interesting. Basically the police tried to pull this woman over because she was driving while her license plate was expired, and she refused to stop her vehicle and pull over. So they were left with no option, but to force her to a stop, remove her from the vehicle and arrest her.

This was a local city case here in Dearborn.

She had no lawyer, but had asked that her boyfriend who was the one who seemed really versed and bitten by this "Sovereign Citizen" crap to assist her in representing herself.

The judge was actually quite patient and kind to her and allowed her boyfriend to speak for a short while in her defense, in an effort to plead her case, but we ended up finding her guilty of resisting arrest, failure to yield to police, etc...
Not sure if she ever appealed the case or not, but the judge again was quite kind with her in explaining how she might go about appealing the case.

It was quite bizarre, basically they were trying to say that the police had no right whatsoever to pull her over that day, and as a "Sovereign Citizen" she had every right to continue on the "Kings Highway" unappeased. (This was how they repeatedly referred to the roads and highways during her defense)

She was a well spoken young woman, as was her boyfriend, which made the case even more bizarre. They both appeared to be completely bought into this notion of "Sovereign Citizens" and the right as free citizens of the world to do as they pleased without interference from either the government or the police.

Strangely enough the prosecutor offered her a plea deal which she refused to take. They would have dropped the resisting arrest charges, and only found her guilty of expired plates, and another charge for failing to pull over, but it would only had resulted in a misdemeanor charge and a fine rather than a felony for trying to evade.

Siz

Quote from: Davin on May 02, 2016, 05:01:39 PM

Is that anything like our 'free man on the land' nutters in the UK who try to persuade us that they are not 'legally' subject to statute law because they have asserted themselves as un-contracted to the state? That their common law rights trump their legal law obligations. And that there is a distinction between the 'legal fiction you' (who you are on paper) and the 'sovereign human person you' (the actual physical you) and that the two cannot be conjoined if you expressly assert a separation.

I read a book about it last year because the rebel in me was fascinated. Whether the authors explanations of common law are true or not, I realised, you'll still go to prison because that's what society calls justice, however indignantly defiant you are. And I later found out the author (a woman with a male pen-name) was a serial convict for evading taxes and other daft little protests - evidently her 'free-man' common law protection couldn't protect her at all. Twat.

I'm the mug though - I paid for her book!

I trust these American 'sovereign citizens' have never benefitted from public services (police, education, waste management, road-building etc, etc...) thereby contracting in to the system?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Firebird

Quote from: Siz on May 03, 2016, 02:49:10 AM
I trust these American 'sovereign citizens' have never benefitted from public services (police, education, waste management, road-building etc, etc...) thereby contracting in to the system?

Except for the fact that they took over a public building on public land. And also have availed themselves of public government land by letting their animals graze on it, without paying for it. A civilized person might call that stealing, but...'Murica!
:shooty:
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on May 03, 2016, 11:27:54 AM
Plus the gov't programs they directly took advantage of...

Good article PC.

These so-called ranchers, the GOP candidates and their supporters alike hide behind a false patriotism as well, in other words nationalism. 

I do hope these fucks rot in jail for a long time.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dragonia

Behold! The power of prayer! 'Cause there is no better explanation  :o
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

I was going to post, "Only in America . . .", but this kind of thing happens in other countries where there is some kind of corrupting influence.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Pasta Chick

Especially disturbing with what's been happening at Standing Rock.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 28, 2016, 10:12:01 AM
Especially disturbing with what's been happening at Standing Rock.

I've seen a lot of comparison made between the two, hoping this doesn't blow up in a particularly nasty way.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub