News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Real face of America and Israel

Started by sweetto, December 10, 2017, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Regarding the OP and title of the thread, there are over 300,000,000 real faces of America. Our policy in the Middle East is just one aspect of a complex society.  There are people on both sides of the debate and everywhere in between. There is no one real face of this country.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 11, 2017, 03:58:01 PM
Regarding the OP and title of the thread, there are over 300,000,000 real faces of America. Our policy in the Middle East is just one aspect of a complex society.  There are people on both sides of the debate and everywhere in between. There is no one real face of this country.

You're wrong.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2017, 01:33:03 AM

You're wrong.

I'm comfortable being wrong, since I spend so much time there.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 12, 2017, 02:46:54 AM

You're wrong.

Clearly, someone got born between those two posts.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 12, 2017, 02:54:42 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 12, 2017, 02:46:54 AM

You're wrong.

Clearly, someone got born between those two posts.

:P

I like to keep myself updated.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

sweetto

Why people have double standard ?

Why we don't feel the pain of others ?

If there is any terrorism attack in western country  majority peaceful Muslims who know the real teachings of Islam they stand with them

But why western world is silent on this Israeli and American terrorism?

Who is real terrorist then ?

Think about it  

Sent from my CRO-L22 using Tapatalk

Dave

Weapons used by ISIS range from handguns and grenades through rocket launchers, howitzers and armoured vehicles. About the only things they do not have is cruise missiles and aircraft.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_equipment_of_ISIL

ISIS finances are mainly through illegal means, the sale of stolen oil, ancient artifacts, drugs, heavy taxes on occupied territory etc. There sre allegations that Qatar also support them. Possibly some radical Arabic businessmen?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finances_of_ISIL

Compared to the amount of Medieval barbarity ISIS displays, and boasts of, the offences of Israel against prisoners or civilians are minor. The Palestinians are quually as brutal against their perceived enemies, military and civilian, in terms of suicide bombing, shooting, stabbing, rockets etc. ISIS and other Islamic militant groups seem to consider their success is measured by the number of non-combatants as well as combatants killed, Muslims as well as Christians. They will kill Sunnis who do not follow their rules as easily as thry do Shi'ites.

Like all Muslim fundamentalists they are seeking a world of 1400 years ago and acting in that ancient way.

All in that area say they follow the same god, Muslim and Jew, well, what a right bastard that god must be to encourage and reward such barbaric brutality.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Well said, Dave. Exactly what I was going to say, only entirely different in the sense that you are infinitely more polite.

Dave

Davin

sweetto, if you're going to try to convince people on this forum, you're going to need more than cherry picking.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Getting back to your wuestions, sweetto, though I can only speak for myself:

QuoteWhy people have double standard ?

All people, in general, have more than one set of values. A few people nay be able to be utilitarian, to sacrifice their own, needs, even those of their families, in favour of the gain of the whole nation, race or even the world. Large groups tend to suffer from group think, often informed by inherited memory in the case of close knit groups; families, clans, tribes, nations, religions etc. Include groups like football fans in there as well. This inevitably invokes the "them and us" or, worse, "them or us", attitude. "Them" can never be right and "us" can never be wrong. That applies especially in countries where being in the wrong group can be a death sentence.

QuoteWhy we don't feel the pain of others ?

We do, I am against the hatred and fighting but, since this has been part of human history since Ogg's clan cast a jealous eye on the resources of Ugg's territory and hit him on the head with a rock it will ptobably take another few hundreds of thousands of years for our race to grow up. Meanwhile I donate money every month to Medicins sans Frontierres out of my pension, it's all I can do.

QuoteIf there is any terrorism attack in western country  majority peaceful Muslims who know the real teachings of Islam they stand with them

So, in effect, you say these people are not Muslims? I could agree with you that they act counter to the more humane aspects of your book, but each person is expected to interpret the book in their own way - so, in reality, they are just another kind of Muslim from the external point of view.

QuoteBut why western world is silent on this Israeli and American terrorism?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Israeli_government

The pummelling of Gaza has cost Israel sympathy not just in Europe, but also among Americans. Israelis are debating how to respond

In Western Europe, Israel went from darling to divisive in 50 years

Lots more out there if you would care to actually do a little research and indulge in some objective thinking.

QuoteWho is real terrorist then ?

I think every person, soldier, official or civilians follower that employs "terrorist" techniques, causing non-combatants to be fearful in the normal pursuit of life, should be treated in the same way by the law. There is no excuse for retribution.

QuoteThink about it 

I do, every day, I listen to radio reports, documentaries, read Internet articles etc. I am left with the conclusion that, given national and global politics, religious dogma, commercial greed, nationalism, resource shortages and all the other negative things that we seem to be incapable of fixing or growing out of... We don't have much of a future as a race, and it's all our fault.

Added later: I listen and read, compare and corroborate where I can, then reflect and try to reach a balanced personal conclusion. I will never claim it is a truly bslanced one though.

But, I still try to do my best to make each day a triumph in some small way.

Widen your mind, sweetto, look at it from the other's point of view, is it really so different from yours? How is the "blame" divided between you in reality?

Sandra Craft

About the whole "religion of peace" claims made by both Muslims and Xtians, someone (it may have even been someone here, I can't remember) once pointed out that if these religions where truly about peace and love then their fundamentalist adherents should be the most peaceful and loving people on Earth following as they do the most basic, unadulterated tenets of their religion.  Instead, however, in both cases they are among the most violent and hateful people on Earth.   I'm thinking these religions create an unacceptable amount of leeway for violence, which removes them very decidedly from the "religion of peace" category.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

AngelOfDeath

I really have no soft place in my heart for it, just pure evil.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on December 20, 2017, 02:00:29 PM
sweetto, if you're going to try to convince people on this forum, you're going to need more than cherry picking.

:this:
...And better punctuation/translation?
Quote from: sweetto on December 20, 2017, 10:57:38 AM
Islam is peace we can stand against Isis
do you have
courage and soft heart that you can
stand against Israel and America?
:headscratch:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Swetto.

Your IP resolves to Pakistan. I have a Christian friend in Lahore who had relatives killed and injured in the Islamist terrorist attack there.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/lahore-bombings-blast-pictures-pakistan-devastation-suicide-attack-taliban-a6956161.html

Clean up your own shit before you criticise others.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.