News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Are you crafty?

Started by afreethinker30, June 20, 2008, 04:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

I'm a dork I know.But I really enjoy making things.Any other crafty persons care to show their creations?

My pond.It took three days of digging alot of rock.It's still a work in progress,but is coming along.
The bar.I didn't build it my hubby did.But I did sanding and painting so that counts right?

Recovered the seats and varnished.
My boys love football.

Will

Man, that pond is coming along nicely. If I most humbly may offer a tiny bit of advice, asymmetry in rock placement looks a bit more natural. And I wish I had a quarter of your talent with sewing.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Willravel"Man, that pond is coming along nicely. If I most humbly may offer a tiny bit of advice, asymmetry in rock placement looks a bit more natural. And I wish I had a quarter of your talent with sewing.

Well thank you.As for the pond the rocks have been changed daily since water was added.Now it has a waterfall and different rocks.I tend to change my mind over and over again when it comes to landscaping.

Will

Quote from: "afreethinker30"Well thank you.As for the pond the rocks have been changed daily since water was added.Now it has a waterfall and different rocks.I tend to change my mind over and over again when it comes to landscaping.
This might sound nuts, but that's a sign of a good landscaper.

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/ ... CI0026.jpg
I did landscaping back in high school. I placed these "flagstone" steps in a thousand different positions before I finally decided on a location and guess what? When I see a picture of it now, I want to go back and adjust them again.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Asmodean

When I was a kid, I used to make models of sail ships with paper and glue and watercolors. Eventually, I got pretty good at it. Started to use cloth for sails too. Unfortunately, none of my creations survived.  :(

Other than that, most of my artistic skills revolve around shaping words (or so I like to think)

You can find some of my poetry in the Media section.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

I could use you to help with the pond.You have a gift for landscaping.I refuse to do anything else using stone it's killing my back  :D  .And nice suit too!

OldGit

Brilliant!  I love the pond.
Over here, 'crafty' means 'cunning' or even 'sneaky'.  So I'm not, but I am pretty handy.  I like using my little welder to make candlesticks and wall brackets out of scrap.  Horseshoes are especially useful.  I also make walking sticks.  Big beef bones make excellent handles if you run a steel rod inside for strength.
After all that boasting, I  don't yet have a way of putting pictures up, though I am looking into it.

MariaEvri

thats a pretty neat pond there :D and thye bar too
as for me, I rarely try to build anything. I used to try those car and aeroplane models but i always screwed up somehow.
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Asmodean"When I was a kid, I used to make models of sail ships with paper and glue and watercolors. Eventually, I got pretty good at it. Started to use cloth for sails too. Unfortunately, none of my creations survived.  :(

Other than that, most of my artistic skills revolve around shaping words (or so I like to think)

You can find some of my poetry in the Media section.

I think you should try your hand at lyrics.The world needs more atheist music.My poor playlist is in lack!

afreethinker30

Quote from: "OldGit"Brilliant!  I love the pond.
Over here, 'crafty' means 'cunning' or even 'sneaky'.  So I'm not, but I am pretty handy.  I like using my little welder to make candlesticks and wall brackets out of scrap.  Horseshoes are especially useful.  I also make walking sticks.  Big beef bones make excellent handles if you run a steel rod inside for strength.
After all that boasting, I  don't yet have a way of putting pictures up, though I am looking into it.

:D .I can't pass a candle shop without going in.

MommaSquid

Nice pond, afreethinker30.  I love fiddling around in the yard, and I designed our current landscaping.  (Had to hire big strong men to do the work, but then a girl has her needs!)

I can sew a little by hand, but I don't know how to use a machine.  I love going to the craft store and buying things I can glue together.  I once made a Halloween wreath that I was very proud of.  (Sadly, it didn't survive our last move.)

I'm not afraid to try crafts, but sometimes I'm all thumbs.  

afreethinker30

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Nice pond, afreethinker30.  I love fiddling around in the yard, and I designed our current landscaping.  (Had to hire big strong men to do the work, but then a girl has her needs!)

I can sew a little by hand, but I don't know how to use a machine.  I love going to the craft store and buying things I can glue together.  I once made a Halloween wreath that I was very proud of.  (Sadly, it didn't survive our last move.)

I'm not afraid to try crafts, but sometimes I'm all thumbs.  

I wanted to hire some big strong men to do the work but hubby said no!Haha .The sewing machine I have is alot easier to use then I thought it would be.It's self threading to which is a huge help.It's a Singer Esteem nothing fancy just basic.

myleviathan

I enjoy the bar the best.  :beer:
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

afreethinker30

Quote from: "myleviathan"I enjoy the bar the best.  :beer:  So do I.

rlrose328

Quote from: "afreethinker30"I'm a dork I know.But I really enjoy making things.Any other crafty persons care to show their creations?

I haven't done anything really physical like gardening or refurbishing furniture, but I do scrapbook and do other paper crafts.  My husband is an amateur photographer but he's taking steps to be more professional.  The kid loves to draw.  I guess that's about it for creativity here.  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!