News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hi. My experience, please read.

Started by _Maxi, October 20, 2009, 04:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellainix

Quote from: "_Maxi"And why the god should be the god of the bible? What has necessarily the bible or christ to do with god? Maybe it's another god who responded to me.
We don't really have any reason to believe there is a god. After all, have you ruled out everything else, such as the Roman gods, your own will power, your sister dropped it, etc.?
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "_Maxi"And why the god should be the god of the bible? What has necessarily the bible or christ to do with god? Maybe it's another god who responded to me.

Why is the god of the bible more or less implausible then any other god?  What makes you think there are other gods out there?  If you keep moving the goal post logic can never work on you.  If that is your goal then by all means keep moving it, just don't expect us to answer you seriously.  What if it was the Pink Unicorn that answered your prayers, did you think about that?
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

nikkmichalski

Quote from: "Chimera"Maybe God just really wanted you to have that computer game. It was part of his cosmic plan, and the universe would have been torn asunder if it didn't happen.

Or not.

Asunder is an awesome word.
(Sorry, vocab nerd.)
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5