News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on August 14, 2019, 06:18:14 PM
I was driving by yesterday, had the windows down while listening to some Van Morrison (Astral Weeks), when I thought I caught a whiff of either "White Widow or Afghan Kush"...I immediately thought of Magdalena.

So I thought I would stop by the forum, and say hello to everyone here.

So hi.

Can you stay for a while?  We'll buy doughnuts.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 15, 2019, 10:13:19 AM
I was driving by yesterday, had the windows down while listening to some Van Morrison (Astral Weeks), when I thought I caught a whiff of either "White Widow or Afghan Kush"...I immediately thought of Magdalena.

So hi.

Hey Sandy :)

I can stay a little while, but instead of doughnuts how about a nice farmers crate of fresh pears?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on August 15, 2019, 06:05:39 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 15, 2019, 10:13:19 AM

So hi.

Hey Sandy :)

I can stay a little while, but instead of doughnuts how about a nice farmers crate of fresh pears?

I'll see what I can do.  Farm fresh oranges will definitely be on offer.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

So hi.

Father Bruno!   :wave hi:

:welcomeback:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Interesting turn of events in class. I seem to be the guy who is paired up with "problem students" for lack of a better phrase. When someone lacks actual skill and muscles their way through a round or a drill I get assigned to that person to try to help fix what they're doing wrong and take the abuse in the meantime.

These old bones of mine are getting tired...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on August 20, 2019, 01:19:52 AM
Interesting turn of events in class. I seem to be the guy who is paired up with "problem students" for lack of a better phrase. When someone lacks actual skill and muscles their way through a round or a drill I get assigned to that person to try to help fix what they're doing wrong and take the abuse in the meantime.

These old bones of mine are getting tired...

That is a compliment; it means your abilities are trusted.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

I've been thinking...
If my relationship ends right now and I join one of those, "50 and over" dating sites...How's something like this for my online dating profile?  :notsure:

Yes?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on August 22, 2019, 05:28:23 AM
I've been thinking...
If my relationship ends right now and I join one of those, "50 and over" dating sites...How's something like this for my online dating profile?  :notsure:

Quite honestly, I think it leaves too much open to interpretation.  For instance, exactly what kind of "funny" are we talking about?
Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 22, 2019, 08:44:35 AM
I've been thinking...

Quite honestly, I think it leaves too much open to interpretation.  For instance, exactly what kind of "funny" are we talking about?

Hmmmm...
It does leave too much open to interpretation... :chin:

OK, well...No dark humor, no fart jokes, no physicality, no knock-knock jokes.

I do make myself the butt of a joke. I am creative with absurd or silly situations, I can twist language around with humorous results, I poke fun at everyday life. I can do all this in two different languages. I am good with accents as well.

Man! Finding love online is almost like writing a resume. Nevermind, I'll just dress sexy and go to a bar.
:felix:

I can see myself debating with someone over a joke on a dating site.
:argue:

:sad sigh:

hermes2015

I've been thinking...

All my life I've been very happy to be alone and never ever sought relationships, unlike a friend of mine who was always desperately looking for a lover. Whenever we went out clubbing, I was always the one who "got lucky", while he went home alone. I usually ended up in a serious relationship, no matter how much I tried to avoid it. So my point is: if you set out determined to stay single, you will attract guys like flies to a treacle tart. Maybe that was an unfortunate word to use, but I think you know what I mean.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Being over fifty is no obstacle to finding someone. You are a wonderful person Mags. Dating online sucks and draws out the creeps, but I'm sure you will find someone if it comes to that.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

That's good advice, hermes2015. "If you're determined to stay single, you will attract guys like flies to a treacle tart." --Got it.  :grin:

Thanks for the compliment, jj. That's a nice thing to say. "...if it comes to that." I think the keyword here is, "if."
:secrets1: --I'm not there yet.  ;D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on August 22, 2019, 09:39:00 AM
Hmmmm...
It does leave too much open to interpretation... :chin:

OK, well...No dark humor, no fart jokes, no physicality, no knock-knock jokes.

I do make myself the butt of a joke. I am creative with absurd or silly situations, I can twist language around with humorous results, I poke fun at everyday life. I can do all this in two different languages. I am good with accents as well.

Man! Finding love online is almost like writing a resume. Nevermind, I'll just dress sexy and go to a bar.
:felix:

If you were to really do this (and I emphasize the "if"), I'd definitely bring up the two languages, it's impressive -- esp. in the States were most of us can barely speak one language.

I like the dressing sexy idea, but not the bars -- too many men with their wedding rings in their pockets there.  How about a dance club?  I can seriously see you doing this and knocking them all dead:

QuoteI can see myself debating with someone over a joke on a dating site.
:argue:

:sad sigh:

Yeah, too grim.
Sandy

jumbojak

If you do get there you have options. I'm sure of it.