News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Good Omens

Started by Buddy, September 14, 2018, 04:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I just found out that Amazon is turning Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens into a TV series. Some sources say 2018 but some say 2019. I'm excited. David Tennant is playing Crowley.

Thoughts?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on September 14, 2018, 04:50:19 PM
I just found out that Amazon is turning Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens into a TV series. Some sources say 2018 but some say 2019. I'm excited. David Tennant is playing Crowley.

Thoughts?

Fuck Amazon. Other than that, great!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Thoughts?

Cool!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

I'm excited about it. I loved that book, I read it just a few years ago.

I think that Tennant is a good fit for Crowley.

Amazon is hit and miss on shows for me, Man from High Castle was good, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep was only alright. The Tick is fantastic, almost as good as the cartoon but better than the other live action show that I also liked. So I think there's a good chance that it will be good.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Velma

Thoughts?
I will certainly watch it!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Bluenose

Quote from: Velma on September 23, 2018, 07:15:33 PM

Thoughts?

It will be interesting to see how well they do it.  It was a fun read, I hope they don't stuff it up!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Bluenose on September 23, 2018, 10:25:23 PM

Thoughts?

It will be interesting to see how well they do it.  It was a fun read, I hope they don't stuff it up!

One expects them to, but they don't always stuff it up. One of the most successful adaptations was Visconti's Death in Venice, although he changed Aschenbach's profession from writer to composer, I thought the movie was an excellent translation of a book into film.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bluenose

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 24, 2018, 05:27:31 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on September 23, 2018, 10:25:23 PM

Thoughts?

One expects them to, but they don't always stuff it up. One of the most successful adaptations was Visconti's Death in Venice, although he changed Aschenbach's profession from writer to composer, I thought the movie was an excellent translation of a book into film.

I have been forever scarred by the TV mini series that was made of James Clavell's Shogun.  Everything was pretty good in the series right up to the very last minute of the last episode where they turned the absolute key point of the whole story on its head.  Damn them TV adapters!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett