News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Oldest NDE experience ever reported is discovered inside an 18th century Book

Started by Biggus Dickus, May 01, 2017, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

What do you guys think of this article as evidence for NDEs and the existence of a soul? Apparently a French medical record from Paris dated around 1740 was found to include the oldest known reference to a near-death experience (NDE) in a patient. The book was written by military physician named, Pierre-Jean du Monchaux, who describes how his patient had vivid sensations associated with NDEs, however. At the time Monchaux thought it was caused by an increase in blood flow to the brain based on other similar events at the time.

http://www.livescience.com/46993-oldest-medical-report-of-near-death-experience.html

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Don't you start!!

(altho I will say I wish my physician had such a cool name)
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

It does not prove the existence of a soul.  That is my opinion.  If you don't like it, I have others.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Actual Photographic Proof for the Existence of a Soul...so what do you guys think, this proves undeniably that there is a god and hell and all that stuff, right?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 03, 2017, 03:06:08 PM
Actual Photographic Proof for the Existence of a Soul...so what do you guys think, this proves undeniably that there is a god and hell and all that stuff, right?

It's true!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

Quote from: Magdalena on May 03, 2017, 04:40:04 PM

It's true!
That is awesome  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

I believe!  :shocked:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey