News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Tech help

Started by Dave, January 27, 2017, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 12:12:57 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 06, 2018, 12:02:03 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 10:56:04 AM
Quote from: Dave on January 06, 2018, 10:14:01 AM
Tank, Asmo, anyone

When I try to modify text on my tsbket it does not work, that below has been font changed, size changed, coliur changed, centred snd emboldened - I have to put the mods in first then type in the middle of the nest or I lose the highlighting everyvtime I try to change after typing:

As below but with all brackets complete:
[font=comic sans ms [size=36pt [color=red [center [b EXAMPLE /b] /center] /color] /size] /font]

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Correct the coding is embedding order sensitive. That's the price of using free software :D

WTF do you find the  orrect order, or is it just SAS?

I sort of worked it out by trial and error.

Examples?

Or too much work?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Dave on January 06, 2018, 12:15:20 PM
Tank, Asmo, anyone

When I try to modify text on my tsbket it does not work, that below has been font changed, size changed, coliur changed, centred snd emboldened - I have to put the mods in first then type in the middle of the nest or I lose the highlighting everyvtime I try to change after typing:

[font=comic sans ms [size=36pt [color=red [center [b EXAMPLE /b] /center] /color] /size] /font]

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Correct the coding is embedding order sensitive. That's the price of using free software :D

Examples?

Or too much work?

I can't remember any. I sort of do it as I go. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 12:33:58 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 06, 2018, 12:15:20 PM
Tank, Asmo, anyone

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Examples?

Or too much work?

I can't remember any. I sort of do it as I go. :(

Think I have sussed it, the more "basic" the modification the closer to the text it has to be:

TEST

[center [color=red [size=36pt [font=courier [b [i TEST /i] /b] /font]  /size] /color] /center]

Dave

Seems to be having lots of probs with the connection to HAF lately. Often takes ages to get to a thread or upload a reply. Little progress bar stops about 1/10th the way across for up to three minutes and now getting "lost connection to mySQL" error messsge. Tine of dsy does not serm to be a factor.

Any ideas?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on March 31, 2018, 08:23:02 PM
Seems to be having lots of probs with the connection to HAF lately. Often takes ages to get to a thread or upload a reply. Little progress bar stops about 1/10th the way across for up to three minutes and now getting "lost connection to mySQL" error messsge. Tine of dsy does not serm to be a factor.

Any ideas?

I also got the same message. I took a screenshot and posted it on the HAF Facebook page where our esteemed Asmo lurks.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 31, 2018, 08:26:43 PM
Quote from: Dave on March 31, 2018, 08:23:02 PM

Any ideas?

I also got the same message. I took a screenshot and posted it on the HAF Facebook page where our esteemed Asmo lurks.

The search function bombed on me a few times yesterday, but I did not record the error message. Will try again today to see how it behaves.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Noted. Not had the problem myself.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

I am posting this from my Samsung S3 tablet, because I cannot get into HAF as I usually do on my Win 7 desktop. When I go to the site it displays the message:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry hermes2015, you have been banned from using this forum!
This ban is  not set to expire.

What is going on?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 09, 2018, 04:36:40 AM
I am posting this from my Samsung S3 tablet, because I cannot get into HAF as I usually do on my Win 7 desktop. When I go to the site it displays the message:

An Error Has Occurred!

What is going on?

First you have not been banned, obviously. What has happened is that you access the internet via your ISP via a dynamic IP address. Your dynamic IP address has changed. The one it has changed to is associated with a ban. I need you to tell me the IP you using on your Windows 7 Desktop so I can find the ban associated with it is and modify that. Once that is done you'll need to clear your browsers ccashe.

Tank

One can find the IP you are using accessing this site here http://iplocation.truevue.org/

It echoes back the IP you access the site from. If I'm right it should give a different IP from your desktop and tablet.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2018, 07:02:47 AM

An Error Has Occurred!

What is going on?

First you have not been banned, obviously. What has happened is that you access the internet via your ISP via a dynamic IP address. Your dynamic IP address has changed. The one it has changed to is associated with a ban. I need you to tell me the IP you using on your Windows 7 Desktop so I can find the ban associated with it is and modify that. Once that is done you'll need to clear your browsers ccashe.

Thanks. I will get back to you.  I think what screwed it up was my setting up ExpressVPN last night. So I think it's going to assign a new IP address every time. I am just doing a few things and will send my address without the VPN activated a bit later.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2018, 07:10:38 AM
One can find the IP you are using accessing this site here http://iplocation.truevue.org/

It echoes back the IP you access the site from. If I'm right it should give a different IP from your desktop and tablet.

OK,  I've stopped the VPN and I'm back on my "normal " IP, which is currently 155.93.151.13. Still "banned"!
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 09, 2018, 07:13:19 AM

An Error Has Occurred!

What is going on?

Thanks. I will get back to you.  I think what screwed it up was my setting up ExpressVPN last night. So I think it's going to assign a new IP address every time. I am just doing a few things and will send my address without the VPN activated a bit later.

If you VPN is going to assign a new IP each time we may have minor recurring issue. But we'll see.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2018, 07:46:53 AM

An Error Has Occurred!

What is going on?

If you VPN is going to assign a new IP each time we may have minor recurring issue. But we'll see.

No, I will work around it by simply switching off the VPN. I don't need it all the time. The IP is always 155.93.151.13 without the VPN.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 09, 2018, 07:57:34 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2018, 07:46:53 AM

An Error Has Occurred!

What is going on?

No, I will work around it by simply switching off the VPN. I don't need it all the time. The IP is always 155.93.151.13 without the VPN.

So are you accessing OK from your desktop now?