News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

According to Dredge: Abiogenesis is Magic

Started by Dredge, December 30, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: Recusant on March 02, 2017, 03:52:08 AM
I'll say that I've been impressed with the way that members here have pretty much avoided rising to Dredge's bait, responding to the content of his posts rather than what certainly seem to be intermittent attempts at trolling. Well done. :cheers:

It wasn't always easy, but I give myself and everyone else a pat on the back.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dredge

Quote from: Gloucester on March 01, 2017, 10:00:11 AM
Quote from: Dredge on February 28, 2017, 11:58:03 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on February 21, 2017, 09:24:52 AM
Dredge, how long has human intelligence existed in your model of things?
5777 years
Does it take intelligence to depict animals as images on cave walls, to develop tools from mere pieces of broken stone to instruments intended for a purpose, to shape a piece of bone into a harpoon to catch fish?

When were such skills, and others,  achieved in your timescale for man?
Je ne sais pas.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Dredge on March 22, 2017, 06:53:46 AM
Quote from: Arturo on March 21, 2017, 05:32:09 PM
Quote from: Dredge on March 21, 2017, 06:01:29 AM
Quote from: Arturo on March 20, 2017, 04:32:18 AM
Quote from: Dredge on March 20, 2017, 04:26:13 AM
Empathy.  Why is it necessary to have empathy?  A shark lacks empathy but survives just fine.  If a shark doesn't need empathy, why should a human?

We would all kill each other that's why.
So what?  What makes you think humans need to exist?

Why are you questioning their need to exist? Do you think they all need to be wiped out?
I don't think humans need to be wiped out.  But quite a few environmentalist fanatics think a global cull would be very beneficial for the planet (Satan is always coming up with novel ways to exterminate humans, as it is in his interest).

According to your "science", no life needs to exist.

You already had an answer to your own question. Why even ask it? It's clear you're just trying to prove your own prejudice.

Whether or not life needs to exist doesn't matter. It already does and we want to survive. We do survive. I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm also not against uthenasia if someone is suffering a great deal. They have there own personal struggles that I'm not going to project my preferences on to. I will try to help them if I can but I can't always be there. So if someone slips through the cracks, at least let them have peace.

Quotequite a few environmentalist fanatics think a global cull would be very beneficial for the planet
Statistics? Don't use an anecdote (if you even know what that is) because we already know none of us are the center of the universe.

Quote(Satan is always coming up with novel ways to exterminate humans, as it is in his interest)

You mean how God wiped out who knows how many people in the Bible as we've already described? I mean once we brought that up, you started questioning why we think it's bad for babies to be slaughtered. And why humans need to exist. And then you blamed it on science but really it's all coming from your Bible lol
     Arturo The1  リ壱