News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Biggus Dickus, March 08, 2016, 10:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

A place to post quotes we love, find most inspirational, or even live by.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did, in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

Bob Monkhouse

~and~

"Too fucking busy. And vice versa."

Dorothy Parker, in response to nagging by her publisher to produce more work while on her honeymoon.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

I meant to add this one in my OP and forgot, but I really love it.

After it's landing on the moon in December 2013, the Chinese Moon Rover "Jade Rabbit" experienced trouble and had to shut down for a lunar night to preserve it's batteries.

Prior to being shut down the rover sent out one last message since it's fate was at the time still unknown.

"Before departure, I studied the history of mankind's lunar probes. About half of the past 130 explorations ended in success; the rest ended in failure," noted the Jade Rabbit in its report.
"This is space exploration; the danger comes with its beauty. I am but a tiny dot in the vast picture of mankind's adventure in space.
"The sun has fallen, and the temperature is dropping so quickly... to tell you all a secret, I don't feel that sad. I was just in my own adventure story - and like every hero, I encountered a small problem," said the Rabbit.

"Goodnight, Earth," it said. "Goodnight, humanity."

No one

"Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!"

Inigo Montoya

"Knock down that wall,  knock down that wall,  and knock down that fargin wall."

Roman Maroni

"It's an 88 magnum,  It shoots through schools"

Danny Vermin

"This goes through armor.  And through the victim, through the wall,  through a tree outside."

Danny Vermin

Guardian85

"To the German Commander:

NUTS!

The Allied Commander."

General A. McAuliffe, when asked to surrender at Bastogne.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

OldGit

"Nonsense, they couldn't hit a barn door at this dis..."

Gen. John Sedgwick, 1864, on being warned about some Confederate snipers.

xSilverPhinx

Albert Einstein: "Only two things are infinite-- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former."
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

"Sincerity is the greatest thing - learn to fake that and you've got it made."

Groucho Marx

OldGit

"... you must hate a Frenchman as much as you hate the Devil."

Horatio Nelson

Biggus Dickus

"You like to say fucking a lot, don't you?" I muttered while adding the sweatpants to the cart.
"It's like verbal salt. I enjoy sprinkling it on everything."
― Bijou Hunter, Damaged and the Knight

chimp3

"Ideas or the lack of them can cause disease." - Kurt Vonnegut
I doubt it!

joeactor

"If there's anything I like better than honey and ketchup, it's baloney and whipped cream... and we haven't got any."
-- Moe Howard

Magdalena

"They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do!" ~Nacho

"Precious Father, why have you given me this desire to wrestle and then made me such a stinky warrior?" ~Nacho

"I'm not listening to you! You only believe in Science. That's probably why we never win!" ~Nacho

Sister Encarnación: Where are your robes, Ignacio?
Nacho: They were... stinky. These are my recreational clothes.
Sister Encarnación: They look expensive.
Nacho: Thank you. I mean... they might have the appearance of riches, but beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man we find... his... nucleus.
Sister Encarnación: Nucleus?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

I'm not crazy, I'm an airplane!

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by [Douglas Adams].
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

OldGit

Biggus Dickus

"When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,"
Rafael Benitez quote-