Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Miscellaneous / Re: It's weird!
« Last post by Dave on Today at 08:12:39 AM »
As mentioned elsewhere any sudden gain in weight of a kilo or more can indicate excess fluid and a deteriorstion in my heart failure. I also mentioned that, because of this, I weigh myself (as advised) every morning.

Been wheezing and coughing a bit this am and my weight (post dump) is 63.9kg instead of the 63.1 - 63.2kg of the last few days. I admit that I did eat something a bit salty yesterday - doesn''t help.

Think I will double the diuretic this morning but keep to my normal fluid intake.
Looks like a shit and run. Why do people bother?

How long do you wait to decide its a "shit and run"?  Or do you decide so on first scan?

Yeah, it had the symptoms, but can be good exercise to look around then shout, "PLAGIARISM!"

With a bit of experience you can spot a 'Shit and Run.' 80% of the time on the first post.

How long do you wait to decide its a "shit and run"?  Or do you decide so on first scan?

Yeah, it had the symptoms, but can be good exercise to look around then shout, "PLAGIARISM!"
« Last post by Tank on Today at 07:37:07 AM »
Earplugs?
Not if it's crepitation, they make internal noises more noticesble!

I can see that now you mention it.
« Last post by Dave on Today at 07:33:06 AM »
Earplugs?
[/quote
Not if it's crepitation, they make internal noises more noticesble!
« Last post by Tank on Today at 06:30:55 AM »
Earplugs?
Miscellaneous / Weight gain and loss
« Last post by Dave on Today at 05:30:50 AM »
Looking for info of fluid loss due to exhslation I cam across this article. Almost seems to advicate a low carb diet (I know thst eorks well with me for shortish periods) and there is a link to the "keto diet" (low carb high far/protein) at the botyom, but it is not too "faddy" sounding.

'Eat less, move more'
The amount of carbon that is lost can be increased with exercise. By substituting 1 hour of rest for 1 hour of moderate exercise such as jogging, the metabolic rate is increased sevenfold, removing an additional 40 g of carbon from the body, increasing the daily total by around 20% to 240 g.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/287046.php

Certainly when I had my fistula I went on a low carb/high protein (cheese, chicken, fish - no red meats). My problem there was that moving about was painful, I spent 4 months or more lying on my side most of the time, sitting was out - even with a ring cushion! But I lost 12kg over that period and kept the surgery nurse aware as requested. Some may have been due to muscle loss but I have maintained that weight since with a more balanced diet and a bit more walking about. Though a reduction in fluid and carb intake still causes quite rapid weight loss.

As advised I weigh myself under the same connditions (stripped, after the morning dump and before breakfast ideally) every day, a deterioration in my heart failure may be indicated by a weight (body fluid) gain of a kilo or more in 24 hours. I keep weekly and running 4 weekly averages.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: GOOF
« Last post by Bluenose on Today at 05:30:28 AM »
Exactly, I'm an equal opportunity curmudgeon!

Bullshit!

You never let a person get a word in edgewise!

:slapfight: :geezer!:
« Last post by Dave on Today at 04:32:28 AM »
Durr!

It has just dawned on me that what I am hearing could be crepitation, the fizzing and popping of fluid in my lungs. This is not unusual with heart failure but is usually more obvious, wheezings and squeaks.

As I lie on my back typing this there is quite obvious crepitation in the bronchial brances, know that sound too well. The other noise is subtler and more muffled and I do not have the cough or throat clearing reflex, so it could be "basal" crepitation. Not good.

Moving towards the vertical can modify the sound. Will try holding my breath next time it happens to see if it stops.

But, time to see the doc I think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10