News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

This is to remember Dave. He would have found this fascinating.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 12, 2019, 07:27:32 AM
This is to remember Dave. He would have found this fascinating.

Fascinating.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

billy rubin

bruce anstey won in both 2016 and 2017

turn it up.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

he's the honda rider drinking coffee a few seconds in in the moments before ^^^this race.

but i dont know anything about him.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on October 15, 2019, 01:10:21 PM
he's the honda rider drinking coffee a few seconds in in the moments before ^^^this race.

but i dont know anything about him.

He's quite the character.

billy rubin

what is it that he does? i read that he is a television personality?

his riding at the isle of man commands immense respect, but that doesn't mean he has a clue anywhere else.

Icarus

My recollections of IOM heroes included names like Geoff Duke and Mike Hailwood.   I reckon that dates me by quite a few years.

billy rubin

mike the bike is a legend that transcends generations. his life was a fairy tale.

i remember the hand-wringing that accompanied his return to the island, an old man in his forties destined to flicker out against the younger vital riders of the time. too old, too late, his reputation to be ruined by clutching at past triumphs instead of sitting back in his golden dotage.

and then he took his ducati to the winners circle, defying alk the odds and all the wisdom of his detractors.

a magnificent achievement.

No one

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on October 16, 2019, 10:13:34 PM
what is it that he does? i read that he is a television personality?

his riding at the isle of man commands immense respect, but that doesn't mean he has a clue anywhere else.

He's a professional motorcyclist who became a bit of a TV personality because of his personality and 'get-stuck-in' attitude. Williams Motor racing took him on for one episode in the pit crew for tyre changing. He is the only none staff member ever to do this in a live race ever for any team. He's mad keen on engineering and all round nutter.

EDIT: Actually his first job was a lorry driver.

billy rubin

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames