Main Menu

"My Evangelical Church is Gaslighting Me"

Started by Sandra Craft, November 29, 2018, 01:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

She needs to get away from that church and start following her own thoughts, as it appears she is already doing.  A "church" of 2 or 3 that does not try to force stupid dogma down your throat is better.  She will feel much better.

Icarus

That is a good read Sandy.  The writer describes some of the evangelical positions that are so mysterious to me. 

Right now there are some people who are in desperate need at the gates of our nation around Tijuana/San Diego. So far I have heard no stories about how the Evangelicals are helping them, feeding them, giving them shelter, or other comforts. .....as the good book instructs.  We tear gas and pepper spray them instead.

Meanwhile there is, right now, a US hospital ship stationed off the coast of a Colombian town called Riohacha.  Helicopters from a nearby carrier are ferrying sick or dying  people from the town to the hospital ship so that they can get needed medical treatment.  The needy people are some of the ones who have escaped from Venezuela.  Riohacha Colombia is near the Venezuelan  border.  The US navy and the US people (without the knowledge or consent of the Evangelicals) are responsible for these acts of humanity.

On the one hand we are commanding thousands of our military people to stem the tide of those "criminal, rapist, MS13, middle eastern terrorists" at our border.  All the while exercising great care and compassion for people who are equally disenfranchised, poverty stricken, and fearful for their lives. 

I think that we really need to get ourselves onto the same page in terms of love, or not,  for our fellow man....................