News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Rage

Started by Dark Lightning, August 07, 2019, 11:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

At another forum, I saw where a person was posting about rage quitting, and another came up with "sage" quitting as a joke. Then someone came up with the idea of a rage post thread. Here's one of my submissions. You can rage or have fun with it, I'm equal opportunity that way.  :P

Icarus

When one is in a fit of rage he is in deep trouble.  Foremost of his/her troubles are the evident inability to control his/her emotions and subsequent behavior.  Displays of Rage,or manifestations of rage, do not often result in  favorable outcomes.

Resolve to right some real or perceived wrong is quite another thing. Quiet, thoughtful, systematic examinations of a suitable measure of revenge is almost always the better, more practical, less risky option.  More profound as well.  The MFer who wronged you never sees it coming until it is too late. 

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on August 08, 2019, 12:29:33 AM
When one is in a fit of rage he is in deep trouble.  Foremost of his/her troubles are the evident inability to control his/her emotions and subsequent behavior.  Displays of Rage,or manifestations of rage, do not often result in  favorable outcomes.

Resolve to right some real or perceived wrong is quite another thing. Quiet, thoughtful, systematic examinations of a suitable measure of revenge is almost always the better, more practical, less risky option.  More profound as well.  The MFer who wronged you never sees it coming until it is too late.

I like that. I've pulled shit on people that deserved it, with only minimal planning, because I don't really want to spend the mental capital on it, plus the SOB's don't get free rent in my head. Mine are mostly in the category of making them look a fool in the eyes of their peers.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 08, 2019, 12:33:57 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 08, 2019, 12:29:33 AM

I like that. I've pulled shit on people that deserved it, with only minimal planning, because I don't really want to spend the mental capital on it, plus the SOB's don't get free rent in my head. Mine are mostly in the category of making them look a fool in the eyes of their peers.

It's been a long time since I've felt consuming rage, but when I do, I tend to internalise that emotion. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Another rage post.

...and while we're on the topic of rage, remember a couple of months back I mentioned that one of my classmates in the carving class threatened to stab me? Well, I had foot surgery and yesterday was my first day back after about 7 weeks. The guy started making comments about "that troublemaker on the other side of the room" near the end of the class. I ignored him, because it's going to come to no good end. One of the gals who was sitting next to me asked who he was talking to, and he mumbled something that I didn't catch. The guy is about 74 YO, and I suspect dementia is creeping up on him. One thing I notice when there is some repartee, he gets lost and can't make a timely response. That's not with me, because I recognized his antagonism several months ago, and I just ignore him and his silly shit. I can't raise my concerns with the "guy in charge", because they're buddies. I think he's singling me out because (in the past) when he said something to someone, they'd just duck their heads, but I would speak up. I detest bullies. Now, I'm laying low. Stupid situation. I can't go to the County employee, because they've convinced him that it's all innocuous BS. Other people in the class have told me to just ignore him, but that's really tough. If I could figure out a way for the proper people to witness what he says and does, that might help. Senile delinquents. SMH

hermes2015

I'm an extremely low reactor. The last time I really lost my temper was in 1978. Some would say that isn't healthy, but I do get irritated, just not enraged very easily.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

*Ahem*
I'm embarrassed to confess that I've felt rage since the moment I was born. I'm surprised I haven't been arrested yet, or have a Restraining order.
Injustices, it does something to me.
:cartoonviking: :hulk: :Gaah: :slapfight: :grrr: :rant1:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on August 08, 2019, 07:45:49 AM
*Ahem*
I'm embarrassed to confess that I've felt rage since the moment I was born. I'm surprised I haven't been arrested yet, or have a Restraining order.

That's OK.
I heard of this during the week:
QuoteApathy For the Devil: A 1970s Memoir by Nick Kent. Nick Kent was the leather-clad rock journalist of his age.
Obviously playing on the Stones song Sympathy for the Devil.
I don't know what the book's like but I like the title.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 08, 2019, 01:11:16 PM
*Ahem*

That's OK.
I heard of this during the week:
QuoteApathy For the Devil: A 1970s Memoir by Nick Kent. Nick Kent was the leather-clad rock journalist of his age.
Obviously playing on the Stones song Sympathy for the Devil.
I don't know what the book's like but I like the title.

The Stones song Sympathy for the Devil.
QuoteJust as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

*Ahem*

I'm pleased to see the smiley rogue's gallery get out and about once in a while. Thank you.  :brava:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on August 08, 2019, 07:38:24 PM

I'm pleased to see the smiley rogue's gallery get out and about once in a while. Thank you.  :brava:
:grin: :boaterhat: