News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

hey check this out about the Golden Compass Books

Started by a_jaynepayne, November 17, 2007, 02:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justice

Based on the Box Office, I doubt there will be a second or third film. With a production cost over $200M, it really needed to have LOTR-type success. So far, it has only grossed $91M Worldwide.

Unless they make a mint on "Lyra action figures", it is over.

MysticalChicken

I bought the trilogy in a box set the other day.  I haven't read it yet, because I have several other new books I'm systematically going through, but I'll start it sooner or later.  Haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm going to.

"Down in the hall, embedded in walls, hear them screaming.  Stashed in a bar, a brain in a jar, no one sees them.  Sucking them blind and draining their minds, hear them screaming.  Stas

Lindsey_Mcfarren

Quote from: "laetusatheos"I've never heard of the books.....but anything that would scare Christians like that must be worth reading/seeing.

I wonder if these people  realize that banning/protesting something tends to make it that much more popular.

I couldn't agree more.  I purchased the books AND will purchase the movie once it comes out.  I am encouraged that the movie has been made in the US.  I often feel so at odds with the churchy people of my own country.  I wish to live in a place with NO churches and no religion.

I will view the movie on my own and if I feel its appropriate for my daughter then of course she will have it in her library of DVDs.
Better to reign in HELL then serve in Heaven. - Milton

nummymuffin

I have yet to see it either but it is on my list of eventual purchases! Does anyone know when it comes out if it isn't already?