News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

LEDs are the way to go, they changed all our street lights (bar one that had a different diameter post, they have not got round to making an adapter yet) from wide spectrum sodium.

Only places I have filament bulbs left are in an PIR controlled light, the dimmable one in my ceiling fan globe (even a supposedly dimmable low energy bulb flickered) (both now halogen) and the oven and microwave.

Trouble is the cheap ones often have a limited life.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on June 27, 2017, 07:20:03 PM

Just because it can't, doesn't mean it doesn't want to.

You get what I'm saying, No one.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ali

Mr Ali is making me Sopa de Fideo (got the recipe from my mom) because that's the only thing I wanted. Watching him sauté the pasta I understand how much he likes me. I think food must be one of my "love languages."

Arturo

Met thus really nice older lady on skype. ❤
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Quote from: Ali on June 28, 2017, 03:06:32 AM
Mr Ali is making me Sopa de Fideo (got the recipe from my mom) because that's the only thing I wanted. Watching him sauté the pasta I understand how much he likes me. I think food must be one of my "love languages."

How does one sauté pasta with soap? Do you shred a bar of Zest or just use a measured amount of liquid Ivory dish soap? Maybe use the ivory as the base for the sauze and then garnish with Zest flakes?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on June 29, 2017, 03:33:22 AM
Quote from: Ali on June 28, 2017, 03:06:32 AM

How does one sauté pasta with soap? Do you shred a bar of Zest or just use a measured amount of liquid Ivory dish soap? Maybe use the ivory as the base for the sauze and then garnish with Zest flakes?
I cleans your insides wonderfully.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Arturo

Maybe I'm crashing?

I've been so active for so long. I've been lifting weights, making phone calls, doing research, moved in my apartment, building a pc, making new friends and talking to girls. And that's just what comes to mind.

But lately I haven't been feeling like eating. I still have tons of energy to do stuff but today my body felt like it just weakened. It might be from not eating much or maybe a lack of nutrient.

I am worried about my eating habits because I don't want that to cause more problems and turn into a psychotic episode. I wasn't eating much when I had my first and that may or may not have been drug induced. I don't see my doctor for a couple months so I hope to get a new appointment sooner to tell them I'm in need of something to stimulate my appitite.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Going through major changes is something than can affect an appetite. What are your calories in and calories out? If you're not losing more than 1 lbs a week, I wouldn't worry about eating too little. Unless you don't want to eating too little. Then if you're losing 1 lbs a week, add in 500 calories a day. Eating salty and/or sugary things increases ones appetite.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

No one

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Claireliontamer

I have to get the train down to London this evening for a work meeting tomorrow.  I usually look forward to going but it's going to be so rushed this year that I don't want to go. 

xSilverPhinx

Earworms.

Thunder, feel the thunder. Lightning and the thunder. Thunder.

Velma

Been chatting online with my mother. Once again I am reminded of how fortunate I am. She had to have eye surgery recently, so she couldn't drive. She had to pester my stepfather endlessly to get him to take her anywhere. All those months I couldn't drive after breaking my knee, I never once had to pester my husband to take me anywhere. The smallest mention of me wanting to go somewhere, and he was asking me how long it would be before I was ready to go. Never a word of complaint about taking me to work or picking me up from work at 2 am. I never felt like I was a bother or a nuisance. Something like that may seem small, but it really isn't.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

After spending the fourth day out of five mostly in the workshop I am reminded if a quirk in my nature. I enjoy abalysing a problem and creating things that have an immediate need, never could do things for their own sake.

I do seem (despite the state of my room) an organisational streak and can, surprisingly to me as well, spend ages making rigs and jigs, organising tools and materials . . . Like what I are doing currently. Maybe I will actually make something (other than a rig or jig) one day!

Never mind, it keeps mind and body active, hopefully tuning a few more muscles back up, whilst I can't find many ways of using my skills, knowledge etc out in the world of charity. Trouble is I have few formal qualifications and some of the jobs I could do should be filled by a paid staff member. The local school has stopped its evening craft clubs because of a lack of formally qualified staff willing to supervise, a legal requirement - I once helped in the workshop there many years ago.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Quote from: Gloucester on July 01, 2017, 11:18:34 AM
Never mind, it keeps mind and body active, hopefully tuning a few more muscles back up, whilst I can't find many ways of using my skills, knowledge etc out in the world of charity. Trouble is I have few formal qualifications and some of the jobs I could do should be filled by a paid staff member. The local school has stopped its evening craft clubs because of a lack of formally qualified staff willing to supervise, a legal requirement - I once helped in the workshop there many years ago.

A lot of good and useful service is being refused because of the presumed requirement for credentials. That is a damned shame.  I know of  several people who are experts at their crafts. They would be pleased to pass on their knowledge of their crafts and life experiences.  Absent some sort of credential their service goes unfulfilled. 

That is not the sum of the folly. There are agencies who refuse to allow old people to contribute. The thinking, apparently, is that old people are all senile and do not have the ability to communicate useful skills.