News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

the atheism disease

Started by stephy, November 08, 2007, 03:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephy

ooooo i have so much to say
so on my quest to find a place to happily be an atheist i startin in the obvious place, google. typed in atheism. when i got readin i found things like "can atheists have morals?"        "how to convert an atheist"         "christians difficulty communicating with atheists"          pretty much making it sound like some disease and that one day we may all become axe murderers or something.
it just gets me really angry because i am respectful to people with beleifs, and things like that are all over the internet. maybe i should post something called "the brainwashing in schools by christians"

ok rant over

Mister Joy

I think stuff like that is funny, myself. Funny in that bless-their-cotton-socks kind of way. It's like someone who still believes that the Earth is flat talking to you in a very patronising way & patting you on the head as if you don't understand or there's something wrong with you.

MommaSquid

If atheism is a disease, can I take a sick day tomorrow?

Seriously, believers are the ones with a disease...the disease of not thinking for themselves.

SteveS

Quote from: "MommaSquid"If atheism is a disease, can I take a sick day tomorrow?
Go for it!  I wonder if my health insurance will cover me?

ryanvc76

Quote from: "SteveS"Go for it!  I wonder if my health insurance will cover me?

If they won't cover it, could you go after them for religious prejudice?   :idea:
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

SteveS

:lol:

shoruke

That's why I'm lucky to live in Saskatoon. Over here, we have like, more jobs than people, and most of the people I go to high school with have jobs. So when I feel like getting one I'll make sure to get a job that has paid sick days and awesome health insurance *wink*
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Bella

I find all of that stuff extremely insulting... and further proof that they're insecure.

Timothy

my view is that truth is impartial.  christians will say that if you see the truth you will come to christianity.  our athiesm and their christianity is not based on truth, its based on perception.  the problem is, how can two things be true?

SteveS

Indeed - two different things cannot be true in the same ways at the same time.  And I agree - the truth is, of course, impartial.  It just is.

Gibson

I saw a book called, "The Cure for Atheism" by a Catholic cardinal.  

But to be fair, not all christians are ignorant fundies.  There are those that read lots and think they're doing the will of god by showing compassion for their fellow humans by trying to prevent them from being cast into a fiery pit in hell for all eternity.  That's how I used to think, although I never brought up the topic myself - I'd just talk about religion if someone asked me about my beliefs.  I always considered it arrogant to "witness" and was therefore considered unfaithful to the call of christ to preach the gospel...  I know, it's bizarre.  I am angry that I was controlled by irrational fear and guilt for so many years, but the past is past.

That's not to say there aren't a LOT of evangelical nazis that think the whole world has to be converted to THEIR brand of xianity.  Nauseating and scary.
Anyone who can worship a trinity and insist that his religion is a monotheism can believe anything ... just give him time to rationalize it.
-- Robert A Heinlein, from Job: A Comedy of Justice