News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Nostalgia

Started by Bad Penny II, December 13, 2019, 11:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

QuoteThe word nostalgia is learned formation of a Greek compound, consisting of νόστος (nóstos), meaning "homecoming", a Homeric word, and ἄλγος (álgos), meaning "pain" or "ache", and was coined by a 17th-century medical student to describe the anxieties displayed by Swiss mercenaries fighting away from home.

How's Old Git doing?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2019, 11:25:56 AM

How's Old Git doing?

I don't know but I think he'd agree some biscuits aren't what they used to be.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

I do see that a lot of threads have been started by people no longer posting. I think that it's drift. People come and go everywhere, for reasons we won't always know. I'm a member of a wood working forum with tens of thousands of members. Maybe a few hundred post with any regularity. There is an "In Memoriam" gallery of those who have died. Some others who no longer post are probably dead but nobody they knew had their password, so we might never find out. Maybe these people all went back to xtianity. :lol:

billy rubin

i follow a few motorcycle forums.

sometimes very active people suddenly just disappear. if they were anonymous you never know what happened.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2019, 11:59:09 AM

How's Old Git doing?

I don't know but I think he'd agree some biscuits aren't what they used to be.

He's had a few scares and been in hospital, but he's still around as of two days ago.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

QuoteThe word nostalgia is learned formation of a Greek compound, consisting of νόστος (nóstos), meaning "homecoming", a Homeric word, and ἄλγος (álgos), meaning "pain" or "ache", and was coined by a 17th-century medical student to describe the anxieties displayed by Swiss mercenaries fighting away from home.

How's Old Git doing?

Damn, I remember those avatars!  :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey