Three Reasons For Joining the HappyAtheistForum

Started by ContraCostan, August 29, 2006, 07:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ContraCostan

1. Liked the forum name.

2. Except for the guy from LA, the Golden State is woefully under-represented by the membership.

3. I am an Atheist.
*"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail"
-Gustaf Lindborg

joeactor

Hurray!

Two from California!  (wasn't that a movie).

Welcome ContraCostan...

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "ContraCostan"1. Liked the forum name.

2. Except for the guy from LA, the Golden State is woefully under-represented by the membership.

3. I am an Atheist.

good reasons, as an owner of a sailboat I remember how hard it was to get home. Religion means you pretend you know how to let god handle it so you never leave the shore.

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum ContraCostan.

joeactor

Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "ContraCostan"1. Liked the forum name.

3. I am an Atheist.

good reasons, as an owner of a sailboat I remember how hard it was to get home. Religion means you pretend you know how to let god handle it so you never leave the shore.

Hi sailor, are you new here?
(ok, that came out wrong...)
 :error:

Woody

Greetings to you, ContraCostan, and to you too, sailor!

Whitney

Hi Contra and Sailor, welcome to the forum.

ContraCostan

Thank you Joeactor, Sailor (and welcome to you, with your first post), Mommasquid, Woody and finally Laetusatheos, whose username I someday hope to be able to pronounce   :idea:
-Gustaf Lindborg

Court

It's Lie-tus a(as in "ate)-the-ose....
Well, that's the best I could do phonetically. It's Latin for happy atheist, only all one word. :)
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

ContraCostan

Thank you Court. Latin for Happy Atheist? Does the pope know about this?
-Gustaf Lindborg

joeactor

Quote from: "Court"It's Lie-tus a(as in "ate)-the-ose....
Well, that's the best I could do phonetically. It's Latin for happy atheist, only all one word. :)

Thanks Court - I've been meaning to ask that myself, but was busy steeping in my ignorance!

Whitney

Quote from: "Court"It's Lie-tus a(as in "ate)-the-ose....

Now I know how to correctly pronounce my own sn...I thought it was lay-et-us since I really don't know much about Latin.

Court

It's Lie-tus...In classical Latin. There are three slightly different pronunciations, classical, the one used in churches, and what my Latin teacher calls "English Latin", but I only know classical. I would imagine, however, that laetus is the same in all three. Only a few words are really different (like Caesar). In classical, it's said Kie-sar. It's said really wierd in church Latin, I think Chie-sar or something bizarre, and See-ser in "English Latin."
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Big Mac

Eh, Latin's gay, it likes Greek.

Now Klingon, that's a manly language! Just like the people who are fluent in it, they get laid all the time!

If wet dreams count....
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

joeactor

Quote from: "Big Mac"Eh, Latin's gay, it likes Greek.

Now Klingon, that's a manly language! Just like the people who are fluent in it, they get laid all the time!

If wet dreams count....

Chu Eee ChoH!

(more prune juice anybody?)