News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Hello my friends.

Started by Erinos, August 15, 2006, 04:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erinos

I am very pleased to find such a forum.

Anyways, a little about myself... I'm from Nashville, Tennessee, and I'm sure most people around these forums (from the state's anyhow) have heard of Nashville.

I work at a splendid place called...Wal-Mart. I graduated highschool last May...

Hmm. I started to question God when I was 9 years old, more specifically, when my grandfather died. I spent a couple years in a religous free fall, after he died, and then when I was 11 years old, a teacher introduced evolution to me and I've never been happier.

I suppose I consider myself a strong Atheist. I deny the existance of God. I deny the possibility of his existance.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

MySpace

Woody

Very glad to see you here, Erinos.  Welcome!

Your introductory post means I'm no longer the newest member posting here.  Yippeee!

I'm across The Pond, in England, but certainly know of Nashville (who doesn't?!)  

Curiously, perhaps, I've just come online after visiting the UK subsidiary of Walmart - Asda.  I only wish it were as good as Walmart in the U.S. :)

I'm a strong atheist, too.

Court

Welcome Erinos!
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Erinos

Hehe. I'm glad I took your position as "Noob Member", but I'm pretty sure I have a friend who will join, taking my place as "Noob Member". Oh what a viscious cycle.

I read your introduction, and a couple others. Seems as if all the introductions make it to a full two pages in replies...So I doubt I'm  going to read all of them.  :doubt:
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

MySpace

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, Erinos.

BTW, the introductions are worth reading.  You can skip anything written by "onlyme" as he is both insane and gone.

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Welcome to the forum, Erinos.

BTW, the introductions are worth reading.  You can skip anything written by "onlyme" as he is both insane and gone.

LOL! She's right Ernios. And welcome!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Hey Ernios, welcome to the forum and please do invite your friend...we are a fairly young forum and could use some more talkative members. :)

Squid

Welcome aboard.

silviakjell

Welcome Erinos!

I heard that Walmart pays minimum wage?
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Erinos

I guess it depends on what minimum wage is. In Tennessee, minimum wage is $5.15/h. Walmart starts you out at $7.00/h if you're pushing carts, and $7.40 if you start out inside the store.

Yeah, I push carts, and yeah it blows. I really hate it, cuz it's like 100 degrees out, but I get a lot of hours....But then...I still hate it.

MySpace

Fourth Iteration

Didn't want to make you a liar, Erinos. So, here I am.
"Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear..." - Ian Malcolm

Big Mac

In the USA, nationwide, Minimum wage should be $5.15. They were thinking about uping it to about 7 something but of course the rich burgeous did not want the Noble Proletariot such recognition! Time for Soviet revolution, yes?
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Fourth Iteration

Oh, Erinos, I just got a raise to $7.50. Thought you should be the first to know! :wink:

Big Mac

Haha, I make 10 an hour sitting on my ass at a plant as a security guard. All I do is look intimidating to wetback workers, who in turn make a lot more than I do.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Fourth Iteration

Hmmm, sounds cozy.