Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on June 06, 2018, 06:17:06 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 06, 2018, 06:00:58 AM
Today is the 14th day after my hip replacement. I am now able to walk with one crutch and I haven't had any pain at all since the operation, which is a good change compared to the pain I had before the operation.

Lately, I have just been a lurker at HAF, keeping up with topics every day, but I guess I will start contributing again soon. Unfortunately, at home it hasn't been all sunshine and roses with my partner, but I don't want to go into too many details at the moment. I want to thank you guys for providing the haven that HAF has become in my life. I always feel better here, even when I am just lurking.

Good stuff, Hermes!

Well, re your hip anyway.

Yes, I feel thst HAF is also an important part of my communuty. Gives me something to look forward to when my bladder gets me up at about 5am and I can't get back to sleep!

And what are you doing awake at this time in the morning anyway? My bladder is my excuse!

Thank you Dave. My little African Grey parrot wakes up early and then she expects daddy to share a rusk dipped into a cup of coffee with her. She was very distressed when I was in hospital - they are very sensitive birds.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on June 06, 2018, 06:19:34 AM
Today is the 14th day after my hip replacement. I am now able to walk with one crutch and I haven't had any pain at all since the operation, which is a good change compared to the pain I had before the operation.

Lately, I have just been a lurker at HAF, keeping up with topics every day, but I guess I will start contributing again soon. Unfortunately, at home it hasn't been all sunshine and roses with my partner, but I don't want to go into too many details at the moment. I want to thank you guys for providing the haven that HAF has become in my life. I always feel better here, even when I am just lurking.

Good to hear you're feeling better. Sorry to hear there are problems at home, I hope they sort themselves out. Glad you enjoy yourself hear.

Thank you for the kind words, Tank.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 06, 2018, 06:29:41 AM
Quote from: Dave on June 06, 2018, 06:17:06 AM

Good stuff, Hermes!

Well, re your hip anyway.

Yes, I feel thst HAF is also an important part of my communuty. Gives me something to look forward to when my bladder gets me up at about 5am and I can't get back to sleep!

And what are you doing awake at this time in the morning anyway? My bladder is my excuse!

Thank you Dave. My little African Grey parrot wakes up early and then she expects daddy to share a rusk dipped into a cup of coffee with her. She was very distressed when I was in hospital - they are very sensitive birds.

Isn't bonding a wonderful thing!?

:grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Project4Two

Not much of a reason to be cheerful today. Horrible start to the work day. But....I do have a job that pays bills, puts a roof over my head and puts food on the table. So I should try to be cheerful about that lol.

Tank

Quote from: Project4Two on June 07, 2018, 06:14:35 PM
Not much of a reason to be cheerful today. Horrible start to the work day. But....I do have a job that pays bills, puts a roof over my head and puts food on the table. So I should try to be cheerful about that lol.
One should feel happy about having the basics. However it can also be incredibly depressing to be locked into a job out of necessity. I know, I've been there for 6 or so years at one point but due to 'golden handcuffs'. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on June 07, 2018, 07:26:51 PM
Quote from: Project4Two on June 07, 2018, 06:14:35 PM
One should feel happy about having the basics. However it can also be incredibly depressing to be locked into a job out of necessity. I know, I've been there for 6 or so years at one point but due to 'golden handcuffs'.

Another side is have a job you love, one that suits your skills and needs, but in a cowboy company with a boss you have no respect at all for*! Still, I had a lab that I ran for to my own rules - providing I gave the services required - and a desk in a quiet corner where I could ignore the idiot!

Miss the job now I am retired but not the bunch I worked for.

* should have added, ". . . for a smaller salary, as a senior development technician, than they paid a maintenance electrician."  Still, if you love the job . . .

Dragonia

My dear Hermes, I'm glad your operation was successful and your recovery has been pretty pain-free. It's crazy how putting a fake joint in you can make a world of difference!
I also share your feeling that even lurking here comforts my heart a little.
Life can be so rough, for so many reasons. It helps to just ... have people. Even if they are online.  :hug:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dragonia on June 10, 2018, 07:04:49 AM

My dear Hermes, I'm glad your operation was successful and your recovery has been pretty pain-free. It's crazy how putting a fake joint in you can make a world of difference!
Life can be so rough, for so many reasons. It helps to just ... have people. Even if they are online.  :hug:

Thank you Dragonia. McLuhan got it right when he referred to a global village: interacting with fellow HAF members does indeed feel to me as if we all live in the same village.
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 10, 2018, 07:29:15 AM

Thank you Dragonia. McLuhan got it right when he referred to a global village: interacting with fellow HAF members does indeed feel to me as if we all live in the same village.
'Cept we csn't pop round the corner for a visit and a drink and to spend quality time outting the world to right! Or playing with small grey friends, or dogs, or cats . . .

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on June 10, 2018, 09:26:25 AM

'Cept we csn't pop round the corner for a visit and a drink and to spend quality time outting the world to right! Or playing with small grey friends, or dogs, or cats . . .

Yes, that's true, but virtual friends are still better than no friends.
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: Dave on June 10, 2018, 09:26:25 AM

There used to be weekly virtual meetups on here. I could'nt participate due to poor Internet service but the rest of you might consider starting them up again.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Well, a bit of reservation here . . .

Nearly 9pm, my temperature is 36.7, only 0.1 degrees over my normal, and not the 38 is has been for past few days at this time. No head or joint aches, nose no runnier than normal (with my rhinitis), only the occasional quick cough - not continuous racking, sitting comfortable in a tee shirt (instead of a fleece) even with the window open.

Could be my bug has buggered off!

:grin:

Dave

Dave

2.30am and I'm still cool . . .

Arturo

I put some people in a good mood for about 30 seconds. And thus myself as well.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱