News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

woohoo for book burning!

Started by Sheeplauncher, October 16, 2009, 02:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlP

QuoteChurch leaders did not respond to Raw Story's requests for comment, but the website notes they will be providing "bar-b-que chicken, fried chicken and all the sides" at the book burning.
Fun for all the family! Are these Baptists anything like Southern Baptists? I live next door to a Southern Baptist church.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Ultima22689

My brain... it hurts.... idiot senses are tingling!

Chimera

I find this a little scary...make that a lot scary. However, if I lived in that town I'd probably organize a KJV burning across the street. Maybe toss in some bras for good measure, and have a booth selling Letter to a Christian Nation, God is Not Great, and The God Delusion on the side. And in order for someone to buy the books, they have to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Ultima22689

I'd give them away for free if they blasphemed.

AlP

I think Chimera's reasoning is that by blaspheming, they would be demonstrating that they wouldn't simply take the book across the street and set it ablaze =).

Big Mac

Quote from: "Ultima22689"My brain... it hurts.... idiot senses are tingling!

I'm glad they're doing this. Think about it for a second. These idiots are trying to suppress information in the age of the INTERNET!!! It's so laughable it's almost sad. For one, the books they are burning are getting more attention by their actions. Not to mention they BOUGHT the books so the author/publisher/bookstore are getting their cut from the money. They have been completely counter-intuitive with their actions. The money/time/energy they spent on this they could have read the dozens of passages that said to help feed the hungry, clothe the naked, console the grieving, etc. instead of judging others with this.

Good job, dumbass baptists, you just gave me my winter reading list!
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Kylyssa

Let them take it across the street and burn it.  And use all of the profits to fund a humanist charity.

Ninteen45

Try and sneak a bible into the pile when they ain't looking!
Now I can be re-gognizod!

Renegnicat

[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

AlP

Quote from: "Ninteen45"Try and sneak a bible into the pile when they ain't looking!
They're burning bibles too. Any bible that isn't of the King James variety goes in the fire.  :crazy:

Ultima22689

Isn't that the most retarded one?

Ninteen45

Ultima22689

Yeah, the King James, I heard that's one of the most backwards ones out there.

Ninteen45