News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The future of the forum

Started by Claireliontamer, June 14, 2016, 12:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

What this forum needs is more fucking "Kow Bell"!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 14, 2017, 02:24:13 AM
What this forum needs is more fucking "Kow Bell"!

Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

We haven't gotten an active new member in quite some time. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 29, 2017, 10:22:23 PM

Maybe it had something to do with those bots driving traffic away from our humble little website.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on January 29, 2017, 10:23:44 PM

Maybe it had something to do with those bots driving traffic away from our humble little website.

Could be. Hopefully now that our dear Asmo is going to get that fixed more people will join. :smilenod:

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 29, 2017, 10:27:10 PM

Could be. Hopefully now that our dear Asmo is going to get that fixed more people will join. :smilenod:
One of us! One of us! One of us!
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on January 29, 2017, 10:42:25 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 29, 2017, 10:27:10 PM

One of us! One of us! One of us!

:grin:

Biggus Dickus

I think what this forum needs is a few more rednecks.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Here are the current stats.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

There is a new member, "hebib-style", hasn't really said anything. Just signed up and never came back. I think people just sign up for the site once and leave as that is what I've observed.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on February 17, 2017, 05:01:01 PM

Here are the current stats.

Ok, so there doesn't seem to be a significant drop or increase in the number of posts and topics for the same period last year. We have a lot more new members, but they don't seem to be particularly active.

Quote from: Arturo on February 17, 2017, 06:09:39 PM
There is a new member, "hebib-style", hasn't really said anything. Just signed up and never came back. I think people just sign up for the site once and leave as that is what I've observed.

Yeah, it happens. I remember when I signed up in 2010 (my god, has it been that long ago?!) I also signed up for a lot of other atheist forums as well but never returned.  :sadshake:

No one

I joined a few as well, however the wiggle room here is far superior to any other forum. This place can be woefully stagnant for extremely long periods, might be why the new comers tend to skedaddle without further ado.

Dave

Quote from: No one on February 18, 2017, 12:48:49 AM
I joined a few as well, however the wiggle room here is far superior to any other forum. This place can be woefully stagnant for extremely long periods, might be why the new comers tend to skedaddle without further ado.

Hmm, a member from The Thinking Atheist joined a couple of months ago but did not last long. Think we were too tame for him - and he was one of the more moderate TTA members.

TTA has lots of members and a high volume of posting. It also has sone much more "contentious" threads, than HAF and a great deal more verbal aggression, even apparent hatred. And much, much more swearing.

The HAF memberdhip is mostly of the same mindset, arguments are usually mannered and about matters of detail. TTA has members from totally opposite political poles, very pro and very anti guns etc. They are usually fully united over sexual and racial prejudice however.

Think Humanism suffers a similar malaise to HAF, too well mannered for many argument seekers - thus a few long term members and a lot of lookers and drifters. But humanists tend to be less diverse in their mindsets than "ordinary" atheists - we have a, sort of, common "creed".

All suffer trolls, crestionalists and evangelists badly of course

So many people looking for verbally aggressive sites? Looking for a chance to voice their strong attitudes, rather than have a friendly chat?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If you want to find idiot theists to argue with go to facebook.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on February 18, 2017, 08:59:28 AM
If you want to find idiot theists to argue with go to facebook.

That's why I steer well clear of both Facebook and Twitter - although I am aware they can both be useful social and even scientific tools.

Apart from all the other crap attached to Facebook to keep their usage figures high - and thus fulfill their now prime objective, make more money.from ads.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74