News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

I know you're not doctors...

Started by Arturo, July 15, 2017, 04:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

I get really tired at a certain time of night and my body gets really weak, all very quickly. This all started after I did the sensory deprivation. It started off with extreme sudden sleepiness. But that let up a little bit and now my body gets weak too.

Any idea why?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on July 15, 2017, 04:45:50 AM
I get really tired at a certain time of night and my body gets really weak, all very quickly. This all started after I did the sensory deprivation. It started off with extreme sudden sleepiness. But that let up a little bit and now my body gets weak too.

Any idea why?

Have you had any ear problems, Arturo, pain or "fluffy" hearing?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Any idea why?

The  :airquotes: sensory deprivation :airquotes: is basically just a bath, isn't it?  :chin:

Could a bath be making you sleepy?
Why do we feel sleepy after taking a bath?

1 Answer
Eggy Rab
Answered Nov 17, 2016
Well basically there are chemicals present in certain parts of the brain called endochrinious fluids, which are responsible for causing sleepiness. These are mainly found in the hippothalmus. A certain temperature of water on your skin causes sensory neurones to become stimulated in a certain way, causing them to send a unique signal to the brain. This signal causes the 'sleep activator' to be released and transported around the body. It causes muscles to relax more and slows your heart rate.

Hope this helped.
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-we-feel-sleepy-after-taking-a-bath

"A certain temperature of water"  :thoughtful:
...I wonder if changing the temperature of your  :airquotes: sensory deprivation chamber :airquotes: would make a difference in how you feel afterwards.  :eyebrow:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on July 15, 2017, 05:03:52 AM

Any idea why?

Not really. Sometimes I wake up with pain in my ear from sleeping on it.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on July 15, 2017, 07:53:01 AM

Any idea why?

The  :airquotes: sensory deprivation :airquotes: is basically just a bath, isn't it?  :chin:

Could a bath be making you sleepy?
Why do we feel sleepy after taking a bath?

1 Answer
Eggy Rab
Answered Nov 17, 2016
Well basically there are chemicals present in certain parts of the brain called endochrinious fluids, which are responsible for causing sleepiness. These are mainly found in the hippothalmus. A certain temperature of water on your skin causes sensory neurones to become stimulated in a certain way, causing them to send a unique signal to the brain. This signal causes the 'sleep activator' to be released and transported around the body. It causes muscles to relax more and slows your heart rate.

Hope this helped.
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-we-feel-sleepy-after-taking-a-bath

"A certain temperature of water"  :thoughtful:
...I wonder if changing the temperature of your  :airquotes: sensory deprivation chamber :airquotes: would make a difference in how you feel afterwards.  :eyebrow:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yeah yeah I know you're kidding :D
I haven't done the deprivation thing in forever. I just did it a few times then stopped.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on July 15, 2017, 12:35:10 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 15, 2017, 05:03:52 AM

Any idea why?

Not really. Sometimes I wake up with pain in my ear from sleeping on it.

So do I! From short term discomfort to hours of shooting pains. Could be a product of my low blood pressure. Now I find ways to rest my head without pressure on the ear.

Inner ear infection can cause drowsiness and wobblyness, but I have to admit more like balance problems than what you describe.

Personally I would give up weird "treatnent" systems and regimes! A good diet, pleanty of fluids and sufficient, moderate, exercise to keep the muscles toned and the flab off is enough.

hermes2015

I stopped sleeping on pillows about two years ago. Instead of a pillow, I fold a bath towel until I have a pad about 50mm thick. This cured my neck pains and I immediately started sleeping much better.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 15, 2017, 01:29:27 PM
I stopped sleeping on pillows about two years ago. Instead of a pillow, I fold a bath towel until I have a pad about 50mm thick. This cured my neck pains and I immediately started sleeping much better.

Good thinking Ba... Hermes. I often find my head off the pillow altogether, otherwise I try to rest only the side of my skull on it, not down to the ear. Luckily I rarely suffer neck problems unless I am looking downwards whilst reading or on the laptop for long periods.

Arturo

I would like to sleep on the floor sometimes. I mean that's the natural way to sleep. Not all the time though but it does have it's benefits!
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Claireliontamer

Well, technically I am.  I went to medical school.....

How have you been feeling otherwise?  Any signs of infection or illness?

OldGit

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on July 15, 2017, 08:17:09 PM
Hot whisky and lemon.

Drink enough in one go and it cures everything!

Dave

Magdalena