News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Boring buttered toast. What I really crave, however, is microwaved mashed banana sprinkled with cinnamon on toast. I'm feeling too lazy to make one however...it's Sunday afternoon, give me a break! :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Fried butterfly shrimp and french fries.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 24, 2017, 10:41:38 PM
Boring buttered toast. What I really crave, however, is microwaved mashed banana sprinkled with cinnamon on toast. I'm feeling too lazy to make one however...it's Sunday afternoon, give me a break! :P
I like my mashed banana with cinnamon, ginger and a little black pepper!

:let'seat:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2017, 02:54:35 AM
...and a little black pepper!

Dave, first chilli/tomato hybrids and now this! :lol:

;)

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 25, 2017, 03:06:01 AM
...and a little black pepper!

Dave, first chilli/tomato hybrids and now this! :lol:

;)

Tsk, you have no sense of culinary adventure, girl!

Dragonia

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 24, 2017, 10:41:38 PM
I like my mashed banana with cinnamon, ginger and a little black pepper!

:let'seat:
WARM mashed banana????  :shocked: I have never heard of such a thing, and I... just..... can't..... ugh.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

You're right, I tend to go for edibles that are less...eccentric. :P

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on September 25, 2017, 02:03:11 PM
WARM mashed banana????  :shocked: I have never heard of such a thing, and I... just..... can't..... ugh.

Yes! :grin: The microwave does something to the banana, it makes it sweeter

(I don't know what goes on there, all I know is that I like the finished product :sidesmile:)

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 25, 2017, 08:46:44 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

You're right, I tend to go for edibles that are less...eccentric. :P

Eccentric!?

Exotic, madam, exotic!

xSilverPhinx

^ :rofl:

In some cases 'eccentric' and 'exotic' overlap.  :smug:

Dave

Nothing to do with food:

I was on a paleontological dig in a cave in North Wales many years ago. The cave fill was from the debris scraped along the sides of the Ice Age glacier that formed the valley, so a very old cave. The debris had possibly been scraped up miles upstream, an indicator of the size and speed of the glacier.

Aling with the fine, well mixed and pretty useless sludge (and the animal bones and teeth) were rocks and pebbles of identifiable geology, thus traceable to their origin if they are unlike the local rock type.

Such rocks are normally called "erratics". The prof in charge preffered to call them "exotics".  We diggers decided they were "errotics".

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2017, 09:39:15 PM
Nothing to do with food:

I was on a paleontological dig in a cave in North Wales many years ago. The cave fill was from the debris scraped along the sides of the Ice Age glacier that formed the valley, so a very old cave. The debris had possibly been scraped up miles upstream, an indicator of the size and speed of the glacier.

Aling with the fine, well mixed and pretty useless sludge (and the animal bones and teeth) were rocks and pebbles of identifiable geology, thus traceable to their origin if they are unlike the local rock type.

Such rocks are normally called "erratics". The prof in charge preffered to call them "exotics".  We diggers decided they were "errotics".

:snicker:

No one

Dave:
Nothing to do with food:

Food for thought, right?

Dave

What I am going to eat in about an hour . . .

Was considering going to a local pub, the Hay Wain (or Hey Wayne if you like) for lunch, but I had had smoked ham on triple olive bread booked fir thst slot. However, I have been "pre-tasting" (like after taste but different) that ham and bread half the morning. Yum.

The sarnie has won.

I have to go to town for a blood test tomorrow morning so I will indulge in a Cajun chicken wrap at the Café René instead. (Unless the "Wrap of the week" is something unusual . . .)

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com