News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Hello To All

Started by 54Quix45, January 30, 2012, 01:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

54Quix45

Thanks again for all of the welcomes. I read IT a very long time ago and can't remember a lot about it. Maybe I'll read it again if I can find time. I don't remember the turtle at all.....LOL. Did they make IT into a movie?

I can't see how someone could read the old testament and still think that "God is good". There is a lot of terrorist activity in there. Bin Laden didn't have anything on God....LOL.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: 54Quix45 on February 01, 2012, 05:22:50 AM
Thanks again for all of the welcomes. I read IT a very long time ago and can't remember a lot about it. Maybe I'll read it again if I can find time. I don't remember the turtle at all.....LOL. Did they make IT into a movie?

I can't see how someone could read the old testament and still think that "God is good". There is a lot of terrorist activity in there. Bin Laden didn't have anything on God....LOL.
Thats funny.  That reminds me of a van I have been seeing that I just saw again today.  Some scrap metal guy.  The back of his van says god is good all the time.  I had to restrain from walking up to him and saying everyday except sundays right? God is lazy and needs a day off.  Even omnipotent beings need to rest right?  Wait omnipotent means all powerful? Okay then I am confused why the hell does he need a day off again?
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Amicale

Quote from: Robert on February 01, 2012, 05:30:40 PM
Quote from: 54Quix45 on February 01, 2012, 05:22:50 AM

Thats funny.  That reminds me of a van I have been seeing that I just saw again today.  Some scrap metal guy.  The back of his van says god is good all the time.  I had to restrain from walking up to him and saying everyday except sundays right? God is lazy and needs a day off.  Even omnipotent beings need to rest right?  Wait omnipotent means all powerful? Okay then I am confused why the hell does he need a day off again?

Supposedly to set an example for us poor workaholic slobs who'd work seven days a week if we could.  :D

However, the industrial revolution, and later stores that started opening 24/7/365 kinda nixed the idea of 'take Sunday off', as anyone who's been stuck in retail customer service hell on earth can tell you.  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

I am still trying to figure this south thing out.  There is actually a fast food chain closed every sunday in GA.  Chick fil a.  How the hell does fast food close one day every week? I bet the other chicken places are making a killing on sundays down here!!
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey