News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The Internet as a facilitator of social intercourse?

Started by Dave, September 05, 2017, 08:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Tank on September 06, 2017, 09:47:14 AM
I find internet interactions fascinating. I've been an active forum participator for over 12 years now. Facebook just told me that my posts there have now accumulated 30,000 'likes'. I have acquaintances (I baulk at the term friends) all over the world all genders, sexualities, faiths and races. It's brilliant fun. I often chat to a Nigerian medic who is with the UN in Somalia. He is an intensive care nurse and an atheist in a war that is fuelled by theistic tribalism. His insights are unique.
Yes, I have to grant the fact that the Internet opens up your pov - if you let it. HAF tends to be more open in that respect than some I have seen, and I exclude specific group/organisation forums ftom this. "The Thinking Atheist" has a mainly American membership and, at times, almost an isolationist American feeling. Especially where gun ownership is concerned!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74