News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 15, 2018, 04:42:58 AM
Quote from: Velma on September 14, 2018, 08:53:46 PM
Crap! Who knew getting a room ready for new furniture was so much work! Apparently I have not been cleaning under the bed as well as I thought. There was enough cat hair under there to make at least two more cats! And some furline puked under the bed!  :grrr:

Now you've piqued my interest. Please tell more about your new furniture.
Earlier this month, we finally bought a new bedroom suite - bed, dresser, chest-of-drawers, and nightstand. It is going to be delivered Saturday. We had to clear out the room a bit so there would be room for the new furniture. It wasn't too much work until we got under the bed and discovered that one of the cats had thrown up a couple of times under there. Once the bedroom is all set back up with the new furniture in place, I have promised to post photos.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

hermes2015

Quote from: Velma on September 15, 2018, 07:01:49 AM
Crap! Who knew getting a room ready for new furniture was so much work! Apparently I have not been cleaning under the bed as well as I thought. There was enough cat hair under there to make at least two more cats! And some furline puked under the bed!  :grrr:

Earlier this month, we finally bought a new bedroom suite - bed, dresser, chest-of-drawers, and nightstand. It is going to be delivered Saturday. We had to clear out the room a bit so there would be room for the new furniture. It wasn't too much work until we got under the bed and discovered that one of the cats had thrown up a couple of times under there. Once the bedroom is all set back up with the new furniture in place, I have promised to post photos.

Good luck!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on September 14, 2018, 08:02:02 PM
There have been over 15 counterfeit 100s come in this week and the form we have to fill in is a PITA.  :bleh:
What's the average number?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Please don't. Cat puke is not pretty.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on September 15, 2018, 08:15:57 AM

Please don't. Cat puke is not pretty.
Not of the cat puke! Pictures of the bedroom with the new furniture! Those may not happen until Sunday since there will be things to move back into the room.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on September 15, 2018, 08:14:35 AM
There have been over 15 counterfeit 100s come in this week and the form we have to fill in is a PITA.  :bleh:

It's weird, we will usually go weeks or months without seeing any then a bunch will crop up for a while. Even then it's only four or five.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on September 15, 2018, 02:14:02 PM

It's weird, we will usually go weeks or months without seeing any then a bunch will crop up for a while. Even then it's only four or five.

One could guess that the naughty fu forgers are doing batches, maybe moving their kit from area to area. I assume the police or FBI have analysis of dates and places to look for patterns.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Buddy

Quote from: Dave on September 15, 2018, 02:44:04 PM
Quote from: Buddy on September 15, 2018, 02:14:02 PM

One could guess that the naughty fu forgers are doing batches, maybe moving their kit from area to area. I assume the police or FBI have analysis of dates and places to look for patterns.

Yeah we are required to send any suspected counterfeits to the US Secret Service.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Secret Service? Not like... Ministry of Finance (which I know you call something different, but brain freeze) or the FBI? What's the SS going to do with it?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on September 15, 2018, 05:47:37 PM
Secret Service? Not like... Ministry of Finance (which I know you call something different, but brain freeze) or the FBI? What's the SS going to do with it?

I would have thought the FBI as well, but America has so much many security organisations, often overlapping it seems, there must be treadonable toes all over the place.  They are probably fighting one another to find work!

jumbojak

The secret service used to be part of the treasury department.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 15, 2018, 06:59:47 PM
The secret service used to be part of the treasury department.

Ah! And they don't want to lose that little tentacle . . .

It really is a very Byzantine structure.

Dark Lightning

Until 2003, the Service was part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, as the agency was originally founded to combat the then-widespread counterfeiting of U.S. currency.

Their second function is to protect the pres, vice pres, their families, etc. -wiki

Dave

Quote from: Fireball on September 15, 2018, 07:14:13 PM
Until 2003, the Service was part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, as the agency was originally founded to combat the then-widespread counterfeiting of U.S. currency.

Their second function is to protect the pres, vice pres, their families, etc. -wiki

So it could be a case that they are holding onto the expertise they have built up - seems sort of sensible if that is so.  If one could delve deep enough there are probably historic anomalies in every governmental set-up.

Icarus

My proud US Coast Guard was once part of the treasury department.  In fact the USCG was the very first military service of our young nation, under Alexander Hamilton who was secretary of the treasury..  At that time it was called the Revenue Cutter Service. The premise was to enforce the import revenue laws that the Brits and others were so disdainful of.  The Coasties wear a small shield on their sleeve which is the symbol of the treasury department. .............Semper Paratus