News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The Grandparent Thread

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, May 11, 2019, 03:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

This is just for grandparents, bragging about grand kids.

Granddaughter 1 just finished her first year at college.  She is in the nursing program, and successfully handled a kick-ass Anatomy & Physiology course that was about 10 times harder than the one I took at the same school many decades ago.

Granddaughter 2 is about to graduate from high school in California.  That will be be two granddaughters who made it through high school unpregnant, unarrested, and unaddicted.  Yeah!!!

Grandson is about to make it through 7th grade, a tough year.  I'm proud of all of them.  Things are looking bright right now.

Dark Lightning

Nice! My spawn have not as yet provided us any grandchildren.  :(

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 11, 2019, 03:24:12 AM
Nice! My spawn have not as yet provided us any grandchildren.  :(

My advice: skip kids and go straight to grand kids.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 11, 2019, 03:11:07 AM
This is just for grandparents, bragging about grand kids.

Granddaughter 1 just finished her first year at college.  She is in the nursing program, and successfully handled a kick-ass Anatomy & Physiology course that was about 10 times harder than the one I took at the same school many decades ago.

Granddaughter 2 is about to graduate from high school in California.  That will be be two granddaughters who made it through high school unpregnant, unarrested, and unaddicted.  Yeah!!!

Grandson is about to make it through 7th grade, a tough year.  I'm proud of all of them.  Things are looking bright right now.

Excellent!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

I don't have grandchildren yet.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

I have no grandchildren.  My bloodline is kaput.   I do have an unofficial great-great  grandchild by way of convoluted  marriage details..  The year and a half old one who visits my house is a cute little demon who is most annoying.  He needs constant survailance else he will destroy anything that happens to cross his path.   The destruction I can manage to forgive, but I am fearful that he will get himself injured with all that hyper-activity. 

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on May 11, 2019, 10:32:46 AM
I don't have grandchildren yet.  :sad sigh:

Something to look forward to.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on May 12, 2019, 12:11:27 AM
I have no grandchildren.  My bloodline is kaput.   I do have an unofficial great-great  grandchild by way of convoluted  marriage details..  The year and a half old one who visits my house is a cute little demon who is most annoying.  He needs constant survailance else he will destroy anything that happens to cross his path.   The destruction I can manage to forgive, but I am fearful that he will get himself injured with all that hyper-activity.

I went to visit an old school friend back in the '80s when my eldest son was two. He had a huge house (both he and his wife have doctorates in electrical engineering). The living room was large enough that the grand piano was [points over there]. Didn't impose on the room at all. He had pretty cutting edge electret stereo speakers (driven by a truly expensive tube amplifier setup) sitting on cinder blocks. :o  I lived in terror that my hyperactive son was going to tip one of them over. They were upset enough when his wife set my son up with a coloring book on the fireplace hearth and he wrote all over the bricks!  :-[