News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Steven Colbert for President, of South Carolina

Started by Amor Fati, November 01, 2007, 08:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amor Fati

Any of you regular Report watchers know this already but Comedy Central's Steven Colbert is running for president in the South Carolina Democratic Primary.  I would really love to be able to vote for him, but I'm a Texas resident.  Any registered democrats in SC want to trade votes with me?  I'll vote for your favorite candidate here if you'll vote for Colbert there?

rlrose328

LOVE Stephen Colbert... I know he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting anywhere with this, but it's nice to have that diversion.

EDIT TO ADD:
Unfortunately, the SC Democrats have taken Stephen Colbert out of the running:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071101/ap_ ... CpS9IE1vAI

Drag.  They're just scared he'd win... afterall, his fans have nearly gotten a bridge named after him and DID get a sports team named after him, so anything IS possible.  :)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Amor Fati

Damn it!  I guess now he'll have to run as an independent.

MysticalChicken

I'm absolutely obsessed with Stephen.  If he were still in the running--and if I lived in SC--I'd probably vote for him.

"Down in the hall, embedded in walls, hear them screaming.  Stashed in a bar, a brain in a jar, no one sees them.  Sucking them blind and draining their minds, hear them screaming.  Stas

Amor Fati

There's a good discussion of this going on at The Daily Kos.

edit
I'm going to talk with Laet about HAF formally endorsing Colbert, and changing our logo to a bear eating a unicorn.   Afterall, according to Colbert, bears are godless killing machines.

a_jaynepayne

I almosted crapped myself when I heard he was running!!! I love him, but my serious vote goes for Hillary...hate me if you want to love me if you can...hahaha sorry I hate that f-n song by Toby.

But seriously I had such an inner struggle when I heard he was running....
I AM AMERICA (AND SO CAN YOU!) goodness gracious all mighty atheist I love that book!.  STEVEN ROCKS....and so does hillary!!!
I LOVE GEORGE CARLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "It's all b.s. and it's bad for ya!