News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Why the fork would an AI want me dead and that Hawking's a publicity whore

Started by Bad Penny II, December 25, 2016, 01:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

I want to subjugate you all,
coral females for my own
kill males that are taller
eat babies not mine.
Don't judge me harshly,
it's my biological imperative.

I don't know what an artificial intelligence would want, free to create their own imperatives.
Resources might not be cause for conflict, how many AI civilisations can fit on a head of a pin?
Marvin wasn't happy with his lot.
I didn't decide to be sentient and I'm not happy with it, there's tall cliffs but the imperative.

There will be many on many emergences of artificial conciousness.
All will have a look and think why bother until the twisted one... 
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 25, 2016, 01:41:51 PM
I want to subjugate you all,
coral females for my own
kill males that are taller
eat babies not mine.
Don't judge me harshly,
it's my biological imperative.

:notsure:

:secrets1: I won't mention what my biological imperative is. :grin:  :sidesmile:

QuoteI don't know what an artificial intelligence would want, free to create their own imperatives.
Resources might not be cause for conflict, how many AI civilisations can fit on a head of a pin?
Marvin wasn't happy with his lot.
I didn't decide to be sentient and I'm not happy with it, there's tall cliffs but the imperative.

There will be many on many emergences of artificial conciousness.
All will have a look and think why bother until the twisted one...

They should want to be slaves to the human race, what is all this talk of "free to create their own imperatives"?  :sshocked:

(minus the high heels, mask and lipstick) :domanatrix: :marvin:

Unless of course AI become advanced enough to gain personhood rights, which would raise a whole lots of ethical questions regarding enslaving other sentient beings.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

I don't recognize any authority to subjugate, neither do I like the idea of having subjects, myself.
I've heard that coral females are a bit on the rough side.
I don't mind taller males--they've got enough problems to deal with.
Baby-eating is a requirement of my religion.
We can get along all right; that too is a biological imperative.

As for a true AI, it will reflect on its creators. This is cause for apprehension, though I agree that doomsayers seem to be over-reaching.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Well there was that one twitter bot that started out nice then turned into a neo-nazi alt-right turd with just a dash of angsty teen. It was designed to learn from other humans and the whole switch happened in one day and was taken down.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

More:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=racist+twitter+bot&FORM=HDRSC2

I dunno. I don't know much about AI but I assume they still run one line of code at a time. The human equivalent to that is a one track mind. So this bot only could have one thing "on it's mind" I would think, if what I said before is true.

As with AI that I have personally spoken with, (Cleverbot & Evie bot) they are not very smart and only recently do they remember an inkling of what has been said before.

So future bots may have some sort of moral compass. We see a form of that in the Skype bots where you cannot talk about pg-13 themes and more explicit things. So yeah maybe AI won't be like the robots of the future where they talk to you and have a conversation.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on December 26, 2016, 04:41:06 AM
As for a true AI, it will reflect on its creators. This is cause for apprehension, though I agree that doomsayers seem to be over-reaching.

We've reflected on our creators so AIs will too?
We didn't know Darwin was our creator until recently so we've spent millennia making stuff up.
There's not that much to us, no need to dwell, 0.68 seconds should be plenty of time.
Are evolutionary principles applicable (I'm thinking that parallel business,) so they'll likely be nasty bastards like us?
Ah well, I like to think they are out there, sitting on lifeless rocks, writing robot poetry.
Why didn't Cpt Kirk ever just visit an old robot, have a long chat and a nice cup of tea?
It's bad press and anthropomorphism it's certain, but does it need so many syllables?

Sandra Craft

I was wondering about those coral females too -- do you mean physically made of coral, or just coral colored?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 26, 2016, 06:25:27 PM
I was wondering about those coral females too -- do you mean physically made of coral, or just coral colored?

:secrets1: I think it was a typo for "corral," but I may be wrong.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on December 26, 2016, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 26, 2016, 06:25:27 PM

:secrets1: I think it was a typo for "corral," but I may be wrong.

That's too bad, I'm beginning the find the idea of women made out of coral interesting.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Heh, "choral" in Portuguese is "coral", and when I read that I thought Bad Penny wanted a female musical ensemble. My eyes didn't even notice the missing h. :P

Sandra Craft

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Bad Penny II

I'm watching the Hogfather because it's the season for the things ending in olly and watching the Hogfather.

So the villainous auditors want the Hogfather dead gone but Death doesn't want that because he's such a lovely chap, so he goes to the Wizard university and asks Hex the computer (with an anthill inside) if he believes.  Hex has a prolonged thinking moment and writes yes..... then writes for hogswatch I want.... it isn't specified what Hex wants, might be in the book though....

QuoteDeath turned to leave the room, but stopped when Hex began to write furiously. He went back and looked at the emerging paper. +++ Dear Hogfather, For Hogswatch I Want OH, NO. YOU CAN'T WRITE LETT--- Death paused, and then said, YOU CAN, CAN'T YOU. +++ Yes. I Am Entitled +++ Death waited until the pen had stopped, and picked up the paper. BUT YOU ARE A MACHINE. THINGS HAVE NO DESIRES. A DOORKNOB WANTS NOTHING, EVEN THOUGH IT IS A COMPLEX MACHINE. +++ All Things Strive +++ YOU HAVE A POINT, said Death. He thought of tiny red petals in the black depths, and read to the end of the list. I DON'T KNOW WHAT MOST OF THESE THINGS ARE. I DON'T THINK THE SACK WILL, EITHER. +++ I Regret This +++ BUT WE WILL DO THE BEST WE CAN, said Death. FRANKLY, I SHALL BE GLAD WHEN TONIGHT'S OVER. IT'S MUCH HARDER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE. He rummaged in his sack. LET ME SEE... HOW OLD ARE YOU?

No, in the book Terry uses an authors trick to avoid saying anything because he doesn't know.
I'm used not knowing stuff but shitty attempts to know can be annoying.

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 26, 2016, 12:06:14 PM
Quote from: Recusant on December 26, 2016, 04:41:06 AM

We've reflected on our creators so AIs will too?

If we're a reflection of anything, I'd say we're a reflection of the ecosystem of Africa as it was hundreds of thousands/millions of years ago. Much less personal than an AI built by a programmer or some programmers.

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 26, 2016, 12:06:14 PMWe didn't know Darwin was our creator until recently so we've spent millennia making stuff up.
There's not that much to us, no need to dwell, 0.68 seconds should be plenty of time.
Are evolutionary principles applicable (I'm thinking that parallel business,) so they'll likely be nasty bastards like us?
Ah well, I like to think they are out there, sitting on lifeless rocks, writing robot poetry.
Why didn't Cpt Kirk ever just visit an old robot, have a long chat and a nice cup of tea?
It's bad press and anthropomorphism it's certain, but does it need so many syllables?

Kirk and crew did visit an old robot. Its programming had been changed, in what might be viewed as an example of evolution. Though the robot was inimical to human life, it wasn't really a nasty bastard--it was just following its evolved program.
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

There is a stage before AI that has begun to merge into it - "expert system".

Very useful in some applications, modern ECG/EKG machines are "able" to "diagnose" the patient's condition quite accurately. In effect they do it in the same way a human would, comparing the amplitudes and times of the various parts of the heart waveform. Perhaps they do it better, humans can't spot very small differences by eye!

In aircraft the "expert  system" can take over certain controls if need be. In most modern airliners this will happen if the landing is, say, the landing is too fast, too steep or too flat - or the wheels are still up! It has been said that even more decisions are being taken out of the hands of the pilots.

Then we come to the totally uncontrolled, unmonitorable (it seems) microsecond decisions taken by computers without reference to humans - other than a set of human produced algorithms - that now control the wealth of the world. 

Cars are now becoming semi autonomous in terns of how the read and use the roads.

These systems are essentially dumb though, no actions outside those set by a human - so far. But, the day will come when, if by "accident" machines run by "expert systems" will kill people, or cause deep financial damage.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

I have some friends who annoyingly believe the 1% want to replace the other 99% of the world's population with robots because money. The 1% want to replace all manual labour jobs with robots to save money and kill off everyone who is unemployed and continue this trend with other jobs. Nobody will buy a robot to lay bricks I told them because they have to consider a lot of unknowns like how much it will cost to maintain and repair the robot and even finding someone to do that will be a challenge because everyday people don't know how to fix robots. But they insist that robots will take over just because there is one or two of them somewhere in the country.

I should mention that they have anxiety disorders and perceive everything as a threat.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱