News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I have a copy of Dave's eulogy. I still haven't been able to read it.  :-[
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

We might have a wee dram of red wine around here. I buy a bottle every month or so. Not big on wine, but I'll tip one up in Dave's memory. I'd rather see him around than so many others! (not here, though- people here are either cool or gone- nice dichotomy!)  ;D

xSilverPhinx

I'm moving out. Found this great 10th-floor apartment -- quieter and with a great view of the lake nearby -- but still walking distance from the bus stop and supermarket.

It's exciting but at the same time I hate the moving process, packing everything and filling the car with junk so I can take it over to the new place, then unpacking everything so the apartment feels like home.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2019, 07:24:58 PM
I'm moving out. Found this great 10th-floor apartment -- quieter and with a great view of the lake nearby -- but still walking distance from the bus stop and supermarket.

It's exciting but at the same time I hate the moving process, packing everything and filling the car with junk so I can take it over to the new place, then unpacking everything so the apartment feels like home.

That's wonderful!  Moving is such a headache, but the end result of being all settled in is one of the best feelings.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Yeah ;D

I'm not too keen on apartments, instead I much prefer houses, but feel this place could be a good thing.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Red_Cloud

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 09, 2019, 01:26:21 AM
Yeah ;D

I'm not too keen on apartments, instead I much prefer houses, but feel this place could be a good thing.

What you want is a tepee SP, as used by North American Indians of the Plains and Great Lakes regions.
What a wonderful way to have lived! :smilenod:

Tank

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 09, 2019, 05:35:13 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 09, 2019, 01:26:21 AM
Yeah ;D

What you want is a tepee SP, as used by North American Indians of the Plains and Great Lakes regions.
What a wonderful way to have lived! :smilenod:

Here you go.

The Toasty Tipi is a true one of a kind glamping experience

jumbojak

I think a yurt is a more practical way to live. I want one.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2019, 07:24:58 PM

How are you going to decorate? Do you like bright, bold colours?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I had Portuguese charice sausage for the first time this morning. Man that was good.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on October 09, 2019, 06:00:21 PM
I had Portuguese charice sausage for the first time this morning. Man that was good.

:shocked: what with rolling with marines and trying Portuguese sausage I'm beginning to...

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on October 09, 2019, 07:35:04 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on October 09, 2019, 06:00:21 PM

:shocked: what with rolling with marines and trying Portuguese sausage I'm beginning to...
...think that  jj is on his way to becoming The Most Interesting Man In The World."

:notsure:
Yes?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Quite possibly. I'm learning grappling, boxing, kickboxing, Portuguese, and have begun studying chess. I want to take up an instrument as well. I was thinking about a cheap piano but I'm drawn to the bass. *Thun Thun Thun Thun... Thun Thun Thun thun.... Boooooow....*

Dark Lightning

One can purchase a "Bass Box" instead of hiring a bass player. It goes "Plink, plunk, plink, plunk ad infinitum, ad nauseum..."  ;D