News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's with all the cutlery?

Started by BonaireBound, April 11, 2012, 07:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

I can eat pasta with chopsticks very easily.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: philosoraptor on May 20, 2012, 02:52:16 AM
Spoons are great, although I'm rather partial to the spork myself.

Someone was talking about sporks recently, not sure what thread.
The expressed some fear, were concerned about the damage it could do.
Splades would probably give them nightmares.
They have a cutting edge, they are cutting edge.

Sweetdeath

Whoa!!! I have never seen those before. O_O

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 20, 2012, 07:29:29 AM

For those that wish to cut their mouth to ribbons every time they eat cereal?

Firebird

I was so sure this was a joke, but there is some truth to it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splayd.

Though it looks like it's only for cutting "soft food". I still see a really bad SNL skit coming based on this
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ali

Quote from: Firebird on May 21, 2012, 05:55:46 PM

I was so sure this was a joke, but there is some truth to it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splayd.

Though it looks like it's only for cutting "soft food". I still see a really bad SNL skit coming based on this
"A Splayd (plural 'Splayds') is a brand of sporf..."  That clears it right up!  LOL 

Amicale

:o Well, on the bright side, if you've ever wanted a tongue piercing, now you can get one for free...  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Ouch.  :-X

Looks like someone came up with the brilliant idea: Let's make three in one - fork, spoon and knife -  people will love it!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Why are some people so lazy? X_x i am fine using three different utensils.

The Magic Pudding

The point of having multi use cutlery is blunted because two individual utensils working together is often more effective.

Ye sorry I did say "blunted" but I can't guarantee I won't do it again.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 24, 2012, 03:56:08 AM
The point of having multi use cutlery is blunted because two individual utensils working together is often more effective.

Ye sorry I did say "blunted" but I can't guarantee I won't do it again.

Ooh,,they're beautiful *___*

As for above spoon+fork+knife combo. Ick. I imagne the people who use that probably wear cut off plaid shirts and chew tabacco. >___>

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 24, 2012, 04:53:48 AM

As for above spoon+fork+knife combo. Ick. I imagne the people who use that probably wear cut off plaid shirts and chew tabacco. >___>

They are actually ment for campers and soldiers to use in the field. Theoretically it was supposed to be easier to bring just one utencil, but it never caught on.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 24, 2012, 10:29:13 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 24, 2012, 04:53:48 AM

They are actually ment for campers and soldiers to use in the field. Theoretically it was supposed to be easier to bring just one utencil, but it never caught on.

All I know is if I were a soldier and dropped my gun, I wouldn't hesitate to at least arm myself with one of those... uh.. pointy things, there.  :D Possibly one in each hand!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan