News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Me be newbie

Started by rickrocks, April 10, 2012, 12:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickrocks

Thanks for the welcomes, all. Animateddirt, your avatar looks like House. Izzat you, Santa Claus?

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: rickrocks on April 20, 2012, 08:06:27 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, all. Animateddirt, your avatar looks like House. Izzat you, Santa Claus?

It is Greg.  :)

Amicale

You be newbie? You be welcome!  ;D

Heya, Rickrocks, glad to meet you. I somehow missed you when you first signed up. I see you've got your first 10 posts, yay!

It's awesome you're a musician. I play a bit of keyboard and guitar (slowly teaching myself both), but I play VERY poorly. I daresay my 4 year old could play as well as I do.  :D

Have you ever played somewhere public that was really exciting for you? Like for a larger concert or an event?

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Rickrocks, I love your new avatar.  ;D It just reminds me of this:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

rickrocks

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 21, 2012, 12:14:42 AM
Rickrocks, I love your new avatar.  ;D It just reminds me of this:

It's a pic of meself priming up for a Bills-Jets game at Ralph Wilson Stadium, about 10 years ago.

My buddy came up with it about a year ago, and I thought it captures my usual mood.

Glad you like it. Do you do horses in a big way? Equestrian, bareback or what? Bustin' broncs?

Buddy

Quote from: rickrocks on April 21, 2012, 01:40:28 AM
It's a pic of meself priming up for a Bills-Jets game at Ralph Wilson Stadium, about 10 years ago.

My buddy came up with it about a year ago, and I thought it captures my usual mood.

Glad you like it. Do you do horses in a big way? Equestrian, bareback or what? Bustin' broncs?

I've tried just about everything. English, western, bareback, driving, big horses, small horses. I have showed quarter horses for a long time, and miniatures for about four years. I am actually selling my jumper to focus on just the minis.  :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Jimmy

So you're from Buffalo!! That's awesome! I live about 100 miles away, but that doesn't keep me from being a Bill's fan! Welcome neighbor !!! :)
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

rickrocks

Quote from: Jimmy on April 21, 2012, 03:07:44 AM
So you're from Buffalo!! That's awesome! I live about 100 miles away, but that doesn't keep me from being a Bill's fan! Welcome neighbor !!! :)
Howdy neighbor!

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome to the forum. 
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Amicale

Rickrocks, that penetrating stare makes me giggle whenever I see it.

Sorry if that isn't quite the effect you intended!  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Sandra Craft

I see I'm a day late and a dollar short as usual, but welcome!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

rickrocks

Quote from: Amicale on April 30, 2012, 07:16:44 PM

Amicale, I don't give a flying rat's ass what you think of me, on a personal level. I figure that gives us the best chance to be friends. Further, I was tailgating at the time (an activity that Buffalonians do with great expertise), so yeah, there's a lot of humor and playfulness behind this snapshot. If it makes you smile, all the better.

Amicale

Quote from: rickrocks on May 01, 2012, 06:37:39 PM

Amicale, I don't give a flying rat's ass what you think of me, on a personal level. I figure that gives us the best chance to be friends. Further, I was tailgating at the time (an activity that Buffalonians do with great expertise), so yeah, there's a lot of humor and playfulness behind this snapshot. If it makes you smile, all the better.

I hope my comment wasn't misinterpreted as a jab, or anything. It was my way of saying I liked the picture, not at all that I was laughing at *you*. :) I saw the humor and playfulness behind the photo, and I liked it! I certainly hope we can be friends here, too!

rickrocks

Quote from: Amicale on May 01, 2012, 07:08:28 PM
Quote from: rickrocks on May 01, 2012, 06:37:39 PM

Sorry if that isn't quite the effect you intended!  ;)

I hope my comment wasn't misinterpreted as a jab,

Absolutely no offense taken, Amicale. That's just me on my word processor. I tend to come across as more gruff than in person. I think it's good that I don't give a flying rat's ass, and I hope you do too, or don't either or something! (uproarious laughter) My sense of humor is often tongue-in-cheek. Please be prepared to not take me totally seriously all the time, for Chrissakes!

Matter of fact, I think the Bills lost that day, thus increasing the irony of my silly Bills fan face!

Edit: sorted quotes - tank