News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Are you British enough?

Started by Crow, February 21, 2012, 01:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

I just found this on the Channel 4 website and thought it was quite amusing. Its a citizenship test based off the official "life in the UK" test which is required for British citizenship. I'm not sure if it will work with people that aren't in the UK but hey just give it a go.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/articles/channel-4-citizenship-test

I was accepted at 88% correct.
Retired member.

DeterminedJuliet

Wow, I totally flunked that one.  I didn't realize how little I knew about being in the UK!

I did, however, get 18/20 in this: How Canadian are you, eh? quiz.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sandra Craft

42%.  I suck at being British.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on February 21, 2012, 02:31:17 AM
Wow, I totally flunked that one.  I didn't realize how little I knew about being in the UK!

Only 30%, or 6/20.  That's embarrassing, Canada is right next door!
Sandy

Crow

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on February 21, 2012, 02:31:17 AM

Damn! I had no idea what half of those questions were except for the obvious ones. I got 6 out of 20.
Retired member.

The Magic Pudding

9/24, it's not my fault I failed, British society is counter intuitive.
I did bet heavily on the lower-left options.

Dobermonster

80% on the Canadian test (phew . . . that's not embarassing, right?)

25% on the British test (that one is).

And wtf is a 'television license'?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dobermonster on February 21, 2012, 04:48:42 AM

One of the many I took a wild guess at.  I was wondering if it was a trick questions.
Sandy

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 21, 2012, 05:25:51 AM

One of the many I took a wild guess at.  I was wondering if it was a trick questions.

No its not a trick, the fee is supposed to be for the BBC I think.
Why they just don't scrap it and raise the rate of another tax I don't know.  I can imagine reasons but they don't seem valid to me, maybe when only rich people had TVs it would have been fair.

Crow

If you watch TV broadcast be it on a TV, computer, smart phone, or tablet devise you pay a license fee (£145 there about and changes dependent upon certain circumstances) it funds the BBC TV, radio and internet content. I don't really mind paying for it as the BBC has generally good content however there are many people that hate it.
Retired member.

history_geek

33% Brit
7/20 Canadian

...well bugger.

Wait, there's countries without a tv license?! :o
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Tank

38% British  >:( Fucking stupid test!
50% Canadian!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on February 21, 2012, 06:17:40 AM

If you watch TV broadcast be it on a TV, computer, smart phone, or tablet devise you pay a license fee (£145 there about and changes dependent upon certain circumstances) it funds the BBC TV, radio and internet content. I don't really mind paying for it as the BBC has generally good content however there are many people that hate it.
Over the years the science and natural history output has almost been worth the license fee all on it's own.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.