News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

"The silliest things atheist say and do"

Started by Sandra Craft, February 17, 2012, 10:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

When I first came across this, I thought it was a POE but it looks like it's the real deal.  This has got to be the funniest stupidity I've seen in a long time: Answer Blog
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

"Vacant stare notices Pop Tarts before God."

OMA, I love that.  I love it a lot.

Buddy

I've seen it before. The original artist is on DA. It makes me chuckle every time I see it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Gawen

I find this response from her to another poster on her blog:

Quotemind your own f*biznas too okie!, If you got nothing good to say, better shut your f*mouth! I'm done with f*narrow minded atheist here who are rly sooo silly silly silly...
Didn't you get the article? I bet you didn't coz if you do, you'll not attack me and start gabbing. Didn't see yourself, you're just making no sense. I am referring to the "silly", not to the sensible atheist and not to those religious geeks too okie!

...somewhat lacking.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Ali

I rather like the argument "I'm only talking about the SILLY atheists, not the sensible ones."  Can you imagine if we posted a list of "The Silliest Things Christians Believe" made up a bunch of ridiculous nonsense (e.g. "The Christian believes that Jesus was reincarnated as Elvis but was murdered by atheists and the gays before he was able to bring about the appocalipse (sic).") And then tried to defend it by saying "We're only talking about SILLY Christians..."  LOL

ETA:  Holy crap.  I'm addicted to this girl's blog.  It's like this train wreck that I can't get enough of.  Here, she asserts that kissing takes a girl's virginity (no word on if the same standard is true for guys.) and people who deny this are hurtful and degrading to her beliefs. 

http://answersto.wordpress.com/2010/03/27/virgins-are-all-virgins-pure/

Wowwee.  By her definition of "losing your virginity" (i.e. kissing) I lost my virginity when I was 12 on a bench in front of my grandma's apartment! I'm a "cheapie!!!!" (her word.)

Crocoduck

I tried to care but my hands were too idle....now there sticky.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Dobermonster

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on February 18, 2012, 06:52:39 PM
This part from her "About Me" is concerning: "I'm a health care provider, I work in a hospital and nursing home. I also earn my degree in Bachelor of  Science major in Management, I teach academic program to toddlers, children and young adults,..."

Scary. Also, I realize that English is a second language for her, but it reads like a she dictated the blog to a Spanish-speaking chimp (el chimpo espanola), who, after a few drinks, typed a rough draft into Google translate and posted the results. All meaning is lost, except for the strong implication of moral superiority and hatred. All I'm saying is, maybe we shouldn't be so hard on her. Maybe we should blame the chimp.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

philosoraptor

Quote from: Dobermonster on February 18, 2012, 09:22:56 PM
This part from her "About Me" is concerning: "I'm a health care provider, I work in a hospital and nursing home. I also earn my degree in Bachelor of  Science major in Management, I teach academic program to toddlers, children and young adults,..."

Scary. Also, I realize that English is a second language for her, but it reads like a she dictated the blog to a Spanish-speaking chimp (el chimpo espanola), who, after a few drinks, typed a rough draft into Google translate and posted the results. All meaning is lost, except for the strong implication of moral superiority and hatred. All I'm saying is, maybe we shouldn't be so hard on her. Maybe we should blame the chimp.

From your lips to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's meatballs, you speak the truth!  ;D

"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Amicale

*sports soul patch to compensate for lack of 'real soul'* made me laugh.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

I hang onto the thought that anything written in such "about me" blurbs is probably the same as the 50-yr old unemployed man going into chat rooms as a 20-yr old coed nymphomaniac.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 19, 2012, 01:23:12 AM

I hang onto the thought that anything written in such "about me" blurbs is probably the same as the 50-yr old unemployed man going into chat rooms as a 20-yr old coed nymphomaniac.

I THOUGHT that co-ed I spoke with sounded suspiciously mature....  :o

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan