News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Parents pride thread

Started by Siz, January 27, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on April 21, 2012, 08:37:30 PM
The Asmo's ancient Small One escaped his cage, went all the way to the stairs, down, across the kitchen, up to the open window, out of that and into the shed where he was reacquired while sorting through the flower seeds.  :)

And The Asmo, he is proud of his old, barely walking-capable Small One and his epic conquest.

Awww, yay, good for the Small One! He indeed had an epic adventure! I do hope you let him enjoy his victory with a few seeds before reacquiring him.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Oh, it took some time before the absense of Small One was noticed. He did get to do some digging and munhing and being self-satisfied.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Siz

My boy achieved his 10th Gup belt in his Tang Soo Do Karate this weekend and my daughter finally learned to use her bicycle brakes on our local hill. A good weekend!  :)

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

DeterminedJuliet

Our little boy is two today. I can't believe it *sniff* *sniff*. I saw a very pregnant lady at the grocery store yesterday and I almost cried/hugged her. It goes by so fast.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 07, 2012, 07:57:02 PM
Our little boy is two today. I can't believe it *sniff* *sniff*. I saw a very pregnant lady at the grocery store yesterday and I almost cried/hugged her. It goes by so fast.

Aww. Wish him a happy birthday from all of us.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Siz

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 07, 2012, 07:57:02 PM

Awww, congrats DeterminedJunior  8)

Have a fab day!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

Awwww, Happy Birthday, Wee Man! ;D

OldGit

Happy Birthday, little chap!

At two, I expect he'll have some idea of what's going on.

QuoteIt goes by so fast.

It certainly does.  My standard advice to new parents is "Don't blink or you'll miss it".

Tank

Happy new orbit day!!!
May there be many, many more!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

The birthday boy on his new bike. It's hysterical; it's one of those bikes where you back pedal to brake. He keeps accidentally braking and it's like he and the whole bike kind of pop upwards every time. Cracks me up.

Siz

Yay, the gift of independent travel - the best present a parent can give.  ;)

OldGit

Looks like he's having fun!

Ali

Finally got around to cleaning out a bag that was sent home from T's preschool at the end of the school year (like a month ago!  I'm a slacker.  And the bag was in an easily forgotten corner.)  Anyway, along with his blanket and extra set of clothes, they sent home an envelope of art projects and what not that he had done over the year.  Two pages really struck me.  In both cases, they asked him to draw himself, and wrote down his comments as he explained them.

Jan 2012 (3 1/2)

May 2012 (almost 4)

What a difference 5 months makes in a kid's development, huh?