News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Parents pride thread

Started by Siz, January 27, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 18, 2012, 01:01:08 PM
Scissorlegs, that is so sweet!!

D'awwwww!  ;D That is utterly adorable! It's the mark of awesome parenting, by the way, when you see kids who are so warm, sweet and considerate. :)

Pet names for my kiddo include BooBoo (she's forever wanting to take a picnic basket to the park  :D ), Flygirl (it's based on her first name, after a famous aviator; she loves to pretend she's a plane, too, with her arms outstretched), and Munchkin (she's tiny).

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Truthseeker

Pet names:

Huckleberry,  Sweet girl.
Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

Siz

Quote from: Amicale on March 18, 2012, 05:16:09 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 18, 2012, 01:01:08 PM
Scissorlegs, that is so sweet!!

D'awwwww!  ;D That is utterly adorable! It's the mark of awesome parenting, by the way, when you see kids who are so warm, sweet and considerate. :)

Pet names for my kiddo include BooBoo (she's forever wanting to take a picnic basket to the park  :D ), Flygirl (it's based on her first name, after a famous aviator; she loves to pretend she's a plane, too, with her arms outstretched), and Munchkin (she's tiny).

I agree! ;D (not that 'considerate' is an overused attribute by any stretch!)

I like Flygirl. That's a cool nickname.

Sometimes for M I use Mini Munchkin. Also MiniMoo, MaxiMoo, MiniMinus and Smiley-Miley. For J I use Monkey, Monk or MiniMonk

Amusingly, J has a nickname for my wife: Mumchba (usually pronounced munchbar). I dont get one  :-\

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

Awww Scissorlegs!  So sweet.

Amicale, I still love it that A has a Pirate Boy named T as an imaginary friend!

My pet names for T include Sweet Boy, T Bird, T Rex, and Tiberious (among many many others - we're big on nicknames in our family).

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on March 19, 2012, 01:02:29 AM

Amicale, I still love it that A has a Pirate Boy named T as an imaginary friend!

My pet names for T include Sweet Boy, T Bird, T Rex, and Tiberious (among many many others - we're big on nicknames in our family).

:D Today, she was playing make believe with 'T the Pirate Boy'. Did you know that pirates and aviators apparently team up to pilot a big huge flying pirate ship in the sky? I sure didn't! What an imagination!

And I love your nicknames for T! Yeah, other than the ones I mentioned, she's also called sweetie pie, honey, pumpkin, sweet girl and a few other names that sound like delightful dessert items. We're big on nicknames here, too! She calls my mom "G-ma", which she pronounces "Geema" like it sounds, because she never used to be able to say R sounds very well, as in "grandma"... so even though she can now, it just stuck! So, Geema it is.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Ali

Quote from: Amicale on March 19, 2012, 02:25:07 AM
Quote from: Ali on March 19, 2012, 01:02:29 AM

:D Today, she was playing make believe with 'T the Pirate Boy'. Did you know that pirates and aviators apparently team up to pilot a big huge flying pirate ship in the sky? I sure didn't! What an imagination!

And I love your nicknames for T! Yeah, other than the ones I mentioned, she's also called sweetie pie, honey, pumpkin, sweet girl and a few other names that sound like delightful dessert items. We're big on nicknames here, too! She calls my mom "G-ma", which she pronounces "Geema" like it sounds, because she never used to be able to say R sounds very well, as in "grandma"... so even though she can now, it just stuck! So, Geema it is.

That's awesome!  I was just thinking the other day that I should write down some of the stories T tells (usually involving Batman and a T Rex.)  You should do same for A.

Too funny about Geema.  My husband and his cousins actually call their grandma G-ma as well, so now T and some of the other young'uns in the second generation call her G-G-ma.  (great grandma).  My husband's family has a tradition of all of the "kids" (some of these kids are older than you  :P) making elaborate place cards for the whole family for Thanksgiving Dinner.  One year my husband made a sort of hip hop themed place card for their grandma and called her "O-Gma" and the "Gma" part just stuck.  Not quite as charming as A not being able to say her "r's".   ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Wee man has developed this habit of picking up things he knows he shouldn't have, loudly declaring "Uh-Oh!" and then promptly bringing them to me so I can put them away. It's super cute, but at the same time it's like "hey, kid. You know, you could just not touch the things you know you aren't supposed to have."

Cutie. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 20, 2012, 02:19:13 PM
Wee man has developed this habit of picking up things he knows he shouldn't have, loudly declaring "Uh-Oh!" and then promptly bringing them to me so I can put them away. It's super cute, but at the same time it's like "hey, kid. You know, you could just not touch the things you know you aren't supposed to have."

Cutie. 
Awww cute. Lennon is getting to understand things. He sits and stands when asked. I swear I am not training him like a dog!  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Awww, too cute!

T continues to school me in science.  This morning he was watching PBS in my room while I was getting ready for work.  The lady on the TV asked "What do squirrels use for a blanket?

Dumbly, I said "Leaves?"  T says "Nooooooo.  Their tails!"  Then the lady on the TV said "Their tails!"  Wanh wanh wanh.....

Tank

Quote from: Ali on March 20, 2012, 03:57:47 PM
Awww, too cute!

T continues to school me in science.  This morning he was watching PBS in my room while I was getting ready for work.  The lady on the TV asked "What do squirrels use for a blanket?

Dumbly, I said "Leaves?"  T says "Nooooooo.  Their tails!"  Then the lady on the TV said "Their tails!"  Wanh wanh wanh.....
That's one bright little sproutling you have there!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2012, 03:50:44 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 20, 2012, 02:19:13 PM

Cutie. 
Awww cute. Lennon is getting to understand things. He sits and stands when asked. I swear I am not training him like a dog!  ;D

Haha, there's a quote from the show Scrubs that "having a baby is like having a dog that slowly learns to talk". It's kind of true.
I'm always amazed that he listens to us now. It's like they go through a phase where they don't understand/listen to ANYTHING, so you have to repeat ten million times "No, don't touch that. No, give that to Mommy. Please do this, please do that." and then, all of a sudden, they just get it! And, for the most part, he's a very good listener and just wants to make his mommy and daddy happy.

Watching them grow and develop really is incredible.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

There is a TV programme on as I type this called 'One Born Every Minute'. It's recorded at St James hospital in Leeds where my daughter is a medical photographer. But she also does a load of promotional photography as well. In this weeks episode Myleene Klass 'opened' the new birthing pool and there's my daughter on the TV recording the event. And she's the only female photographer! Pride just doesn't cover it really  ;D

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2012, 09:34:19 PM
There is a TV programme on as I type this called 'One Born Every Minute'. It's recorded at St James hospital in Leeds where my daughter is a medical photographer. But she also does a load of promotional photography as well. In this weeks episode Myleene Klass 'opened' the new birthing pool and there's my daughter on the TV recording the event. And she's the only female photographer! Pride just doesn't cover it really  ;D

Wow, awesome! Thay's very, very cool!  ;D

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 10:26:20 PM

Wow, awesome! Thay's very, very cool!  ;D
;D ;D ;D

Ali

That's awesome Tank.  You must be fit to bust.  :D