Main Menu

Parents pride thread

Started by Siz, January 27, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthseeker

My boy just after completing his final requirement to acheive his Eagle rank:

My daughter:

Thank you for your indulgence. 
Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

Siz

My daughter, 5 today, and her new toy...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 06, 2012, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 06, 2012, 01:36:16 PM
And now I'm a granddad!

Hooray!  Pictures will be coming?
He's over a year old now but here is an early one.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Awwwwww!  You all have beautiful children and grandchildren.  Confirming what I already believed; atheists are hot, and thus have superior genes to pass on to the next generation.   :P

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on March 06, 2012, 06:52:29 PM
And now I'm a granddad!

I see a lot of you in him there!
Cutie! :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 07, 2012, 12:14:28 AM
And now I'm a granddad!

I see a lot of you in him there!
Cutie! :)

Definitely around the eyes and mouth.

Sandra Craft

He looks like a rugby player.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 07, 2012, 02:37:01 AM

He looks like a rugby player.
He may well end up like one. His legs are like tree trunks, like his dad's. I've never seen a baby with thighs like it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

So, I'm sitting on the couch being lazy and my son is sitting next to me playing with one of his airplane toys. As I'm perusing through the forum, something catches his eye:

Son: *in baby speak* "Who's that?" *points*
Me: Oh, that's Old Git
Son: "Who's that?"*points*
Me: that's Tank!
Son: *pauses thoughtfully for a moment and continues to play next to me*

I'm starting him early, I am. Muahahaha!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 10, 2012, 03:01:56 PM
So, I'm sitting on the couch being lazy and my son is sitting next to me playing with one of his airplane toys. As I'm perusing through the forum, something catches his eye:

Son: *in baby speak* "Who's that?" *points*
Me: Oh, that's Old Git
Son: "Who's that?"*points*
Me: that's Tank!
Son: *pauses thoughtfully for a moment and continues to play next to me*

:D Awesome! I told Ali in a PM I think, that after she posted the picture of her little boy dressed up like a pirate, my daughter asked who it was, and I said 'that's my friend's little boy, T!" and she said "Is he a pirate??" and I said "yup!" and she asked "does he gots his own SHIP??" and I said "yup!" and she stared all wide eyed with wonder.  :D And then not long after, she was at her dad's place, and he called me and he was like, "So, who's her friend T?" and I had to think for a second... and then we realized that she'd turned T into her new imaginary friend, named "Pirate Boy".  :D

It's the gospel of HAF, folks. Start em young, they'll be hooked on the forum 9 or 10 years before they're legally able to use it.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Amicale

I meant to say this first -- I LOVE everyone's pictures! You have beautiful kids/grandkids!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Siz

So, Mothers Day here in the UK.

Under my guidance (blind leading the blind??)  J and M embarked on a culinary masterpiece of American pancakes, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, piped vanilla whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. ALL home made. It was a triumph of timings and skill and the result was a set of beautifully and artfully crafted pancakes (the one pictured was the last sorry-looking one left).

THEN after stuffing our greedy little faces, and reviewing the cards I had helped them make the kids proceeded - without my asking - to clear the table, then invite Mummy for a sit-down where they gave her some flowers from the garden, put on some gentle music and gave her a gentle massage - all, apparently, planned in advance by them. Mummy was almost in tears by their devotion to her morning (me too).

They've been excited all week and little M nearly exploded with the need to tell mummy what they were planning. Sometimes we forget that our children have so much love for us. It breaks my heart when I think about how exasperated we get with them in everyday life. Love you Monkey and Mini. X

What pet names d'you have for yours?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

DeterminedJuliet

Scissorlegs, that is so sweet!!

Truthseeker

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 18, 2012, 01:01:08 PM
Scissorlegs, that is so sweet!!

Ditto Scissor. The cheesecake of life
Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 10, 2012, 03:01:56 PM
They say you shouldn't introduce him to The Asmo until he gets permanent teeth. Asmos corrupt, they say... Eat babies too.

The Asmo, however, thinks starting early is a good idea.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.