News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Parents pride thread

Started by Siz, January 27, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on March 04, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
Well his girlfriend is American and lives in Los Angeles so there is every probability he'll end up in the US.

That's one heck of a long distance romance, but as incentives go for brain-draining England, it's a good one.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 04, 2012, 10:59:35 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 04, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
Well his girlfriend is American and lives in Los Angeles so there is every probability he'll end up in the US.

That's one heck of a long distance romance, but as incentives go for brain-draining England, it's a good one.
They met while he was doing his year at UC Berekley. She was born in the US to two Vietnamese parents who escaped the war during the 60s and met in the US. So she's 100% ethnic Vietnamese but as American as apple pie. She's doing a pharmacology degree which doesn't translate to a UK/European qualification/position so if they are to get the best from their education he has to go to the US as his knowledge is 100% transferable.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Leave the Old World for a woman..? I have heard worse reasons.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on March 05, 2012, 08:33:42 AM
So she's 100% ethnic Vietnamese but as American as apple pie.

Yep, that's how we roll here.  Well, that's how a lot of Western nations roll these days but I like to think we helped start the trend, us and Australia.  In any case, don't really care how we get some more brains in this country as long as we get some.
Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 05, 2012, 03:25:00 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 05, 2012, 08:33:42 AM
So she's 100% ethnic Vietnamese but as American as apple pie.

Yep, that's how we roll here.  Well, that's how a lot of Western nations roll these days but I like to think we helped start the trend, us and Australia.  In any case, don't really care how we get some more brains in this country as long as we get some.

Did you know the UK has the highest proportion of mixed race marriages on Earth? I think that's a very good thing and I hope the rest of the world follows our lead.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

DeterminedJuliet

Our little guy had to get some vaccines today and he was very brave. He didn't cry at all!
I was so proud. ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on March 05, 2012, 03:36:41 PM
Did you know the UK has the highest proportion of mixed race marriages on Earth? I think that's a very good thing and I hope the rest of the world follows our lead.

Really!? If so that's super.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on March 05, 2012, 11:52:31 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 05, 2012, 03:36:41 PM

Really!? If so that's super.
I believe so. I remember it be said by a pundit during an article on the British National Party (BNP, UK racist party)

Truthseeker

As I have mentioned before on this board, my children are the end-all-be-all of human existence to me.  Something happens to either of them just take me to the dump.  I'm done. 

My son commenced with his boy scout journey as a Tiger Cub (earliest one can join) at the age of six in 1996.  On April 25, 2011 at the age of 17 marked the coranation ceromony celebrating his Eagle rank.

My daughter at the age of sixteen is eligible for scholarships at several colleges. 

To say that I am proud of them falls extremely short of my true feelings.  Note: Sans those accomplishments I would be just as proud.   

Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

Buddy

Quote from: Truthseeker on March 06, 2012, 12:52:45 PM
As I have mentioned before on this board, my children are the end-all-be-all of human existence to me.  Something happens to either of them just take me to the dump.  I'm done.  

My son commenced with his boy scout journey as a Tiger Cub (earliest one can join) at the age of six in 1996.  Last April 25 at the age of 17 marked the coranation ceromony celebrating his Eagle rank.

My daughter at the age of sixteen is eligible for scholarships at several colleges. 

To say that I am proud of them falls extremely short of my true feelings.  Note: Sans those accomplishments I would be just as proud.   

Congrats! I don't know anything about the scouts, but I'm assuming that is a great achievement.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Truthseeker

Tank,

What a delightful family you have my man.  So much for which to be thankful.  Jesus, it does go by in a flicker.  Does it not?
Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

Truthseeker

Thanks Budhorse!!

I was going to go through and address each of the various posts in this thread, but alas I do have work to do.  So I will just say all of them are heartwarming.  The moments pictured here are the cheesecake of life.  And I sincerely appreciate each one that has been shared.  The science projects, the notes in 3 year old handwriting, its all fantastic.  I get off on this family shit.  Call me a skirt wearing little girl if you must.  But I dig it to no end.  

Tank

Quote from: Truthseeker on March 06, 2012, 01:01:26 PM
Tank,

What a delightful family you have my man.  So much for which to be thankful.  Jesus, it does go by in a flicker.  Does it not?
It does go by so fast!
These are my two daughters, with the younger of the two getting married.

My son second from from the right.

And now I'm a granddad!

From this thread http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=8279.0

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on March 06, 2012, 01:36:16 PM
pix
The girl to the right on the first pic is, quite obviously, in The Asmo lookalike-club  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on March 06, 2012, 01:36:16 PM
And now I'm a granddad!

Hooray!  Pictures will be coming?
Sandy